“Very good mexican food”

Cuisines: South American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We happened to be in the area around dinner time. We drove through the very small town of Santa Inez and this was the most active restaurant so we decided to try it. It was a delightful surprise. First of all they had a very friendly and helpful front desk greet us. Once we sat down the staff was very attentive and continued to be so through the entire meal. I have the Sizzling Fajitas. The dish was excellent. Very well cooked and with just the right spice. This is not fine dining, It is very much a family restaurant. It has a nice outdoor patio. The only down side was one of the outdoor heaters was not working.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We decided to eat at Dos Carlitos after walking by and seeing people eat outside. It looked good. This ended up being the only bad meal on our vacation. The service was great and we got a table right away. Their guacamole is okay and you get a large portion, but it doesn't have any flavor whatsoever. I had the mahi tacos and the fish was like rubber with absolutely no taste. The beans and salsa added no flavor either. My son had the ribs which were probably the best item we ordered. The sauce on the ribs wasn't like a bbq sauce however and tasted like balsamic vinegar. His mashed potatoes were good. My husband had the carnitas and they were tasteless and bland as well. It was the same thing with the chicken tacos. I don't know how people give this restaurant an excellent rating. Walk down the street to SY Kitchen where the food and the service is outstanding.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

On a recent trip to Santa Ynez I searched for a nice place for dinner and selected Dos Carlitos based on the Tripadvisor reviews. Everything in this restaurant was perfect. I didnt have a reservation, yet the wait was about 15 minutes long, even when the restaurant was full. The service was impecable, the margaritas' were excellent (they have many tequila choices) and the food was just yummy. I met one of the owners briefly and he was friendly and corteous. Everyone in the restaurant seemed to be having s great time. I loved this place, I highly recommend and will definetively be back.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This might be the best Mexican restaurant we've ever been to. It starts with unbelievable salsa and a homemade bean/corn salsa too (we're still trying to figure out what's in it!). The meals and service were excellent. Great location to surrounding wineries and towns. It's a must visit if you're in the Santa Ynez valley!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is very good Mexican food. Served very efficiently and all food was very warm. To me it is true Mexican. Ate their twice and both times each server was friendly and very efficient. The atmosphere is fun and the bar can be a bit noisy at times but it never seemed to last long. There is eating on the outside, but it is next to a street. They have done a good job trying to shield the street.