“Good food and service on a Sunday afternoon”
Review of Dos Carlitos

Dos Carlitos
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Acton, California
“Good food and service on a Sunday afternoon”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had lunch on a Sunday with a group of 6. My husband and I both had the steak burrito which was the best we had ever had. For dessert we shared a flan which was also the best I had ever eaten. Everyone had food left over, including us. The food was a little pricey but we took home enough for dinner. Our service was timely and very polite. I cannot vouch for other times of the day because there were only two other parties when we ate. I would happily eat there again if in the area, but on a nice day would sit on the patio.

• Visited May 2013

Los Angeles
“ORDINARY AMERICANIZED MEXICAN FARE”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Nothing special, food that seemed precooked and microwaved. Had to send dishes back for a second blast so at least they were hot.

Visited May 2013
Yorba Linda, California
“Nice but not worth it considering the alternatives”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Very clean and nice Mexican restaurant with good service and reasonable prices. However, the food was just not worth it considering two very good alternatives in town, Grappollo and Vineyard Restsurant.

Tacos (pork) was just ok but the chicken taco was completely dried out. Good guacamole, ok chips. Total for two with a beer each was $56.00 which isn't bad, just not great food.

• Visited April 2013
Las Vegas
“Lovely restaurant, flavorful food, but slow service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We were excited to try this place after reading the mostly glowing reviews. Today was cold and windy, so nobody was sitting on the outdoor patio; what a pity, as the patio was lovely. The inside of the restaurant was warm and inviting. We were seated across from the bar and had to wait a long time to have our drink order taken, our food order taken, and to get our bill. The server was courteous and friendly, but not very attentive to us. I finally realized that the server was also the bartender and he was very busy filling drink orders for the entire restaurant; it would have seemed smarter to have someone else waiting on us that could pay more attention to us. So, I took off a star for slow service. The food was pretty good. The chips were fresh and crisp; the salsa was flavorful and tasty. Husband had the Steak Fajitas; served sizzling with juicy beef and plenty of peppers and onions. My Quesadilla was crisp, hot and filled with flavorful ingredients; I did not care for the eggplant but that is likely just personal preference. The prices were a bit high for the portions served. All in all, I liked this restaurant, and would return if I was in the area, but would hope that service was improved.

Visited April 2013
Santa Ynez, California
“Fabulous Latin flavor in the heart of Santa Ynez Valley”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Dos Carlitos is great Latin food beyond the usual Mexico (US-version) of the classics. The space is beautiful with a wrap around patio plus and warm fireplace at the bar. It has a warm and wonderful feeling. First order yourself - a great margarita. The bar features many tequilas that I encourage you to try. You must try their seared greens with any dish. I love their fish - they all have a wonderful depth of flavor. Enjoy.... you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013