“Unique Cheese Shop in the Valley”

The Lucky Hen Larder
Ranked #15 of 22 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I was having a couple of girlfriends over and I decided to make it a wine and cheese gathering. I went into the store and as I got to taste the cheeses I was buying. The service I received was friendly and professional. I’ll definitely be back. I bought the most amazing fig spread, crackers and a baguette to go with the 4 delicious cheeses I took home. My friends enjoyed the cheeses so much. I know they’ll be making a stop there too.

Reviewed May 19, 2018

Recommended by staff at Firestone Winery. Shared a turkey, cranberry & Brie baguette, with a side of potato salad and some pickles - yummy. Pink lemonade was delicious. Staff very friendly. Visit if you can.

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

A great small town eatery. Hidden away, but not far off the main highway, this is a great place for a sandwich and some home made lemonade.
Delicious

Reviewed January 18, 2018

It's a beautiful thing when folks with dynamic culinary skills are also consummate service professionals. Great for sandwiches on the patio and picnic provisions for wine tasting. They will also pack beautiful lunch boxes for your picnic if you order in advance! Added bonus is a great cheese and salumi selection as well.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Wow! A great stop to pick up lunch en route to the wineries in the Santa Ynez region. From cheese and charcuterie arrangements to sandwiches and just plain sweet honey. They do it all. It has a small farm to table feel and their sandwiches are amazing. The mustard and herb crusted beef truly sang to me. It should be a crime for a sandwich to have that much character! The ladies behind the counter were friendly and the ingredients tasted fresh. Will be back the next time I'm in the area!