“Must see”

Sunstone Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Santa Ynez
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Sunstone Vineyards, Winery and Villa is an organic vineyard retreat, located just 35-minutes north of Santa Barbara, in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley. Enjoy Sunstone wines in our Provençal French courtyards, stone barrel-aging caves or picnic grounds, and enjoy our flight of 6 wines for $18 per person. We are open from 11am - 5pm daily, with last pour occurring at 4:30pm. Groups of 8 or more must make a private tasting reservation online, or call.
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Way off the beaten path this winery is gorgeous. They have a great wine cave that is fun to sit on a sip a glass. We also loved the samples of olive oils and balsamic vinegars that they had. The blood orange olive oil and balsamic vinegar were so amazing we bought several bottles to bring home. If they'd let me live there, I'd be there in a heartbeat!!!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Outstanding wine--I especially love the Cabernet Franc and the Rhapsodie and Eros blends--and wonderful scenery and a great bunch of people working there make this a magical spot. You can enjoy the caves in the back, particularly a special lounge with the old vintages if you're a wine club member (it doesn't cost anything to join, you just commit to buying a few bottles a year at a discounted rate, which I would've bought anyway) or you can walk around the beautiful patio and huge back lawn. I haven't rented the villa on the hill overlooking the rest of the property but it's nice to know it's there if I ever want it.

1  Thank Tom D
Reviewed February 23, 2014

*$10 for a classic tasting and $15 for a reserved tasting of 5 different wines. $25 if its parties of 8 or more (doesnt make sense, I actually wanted to bring more people but glad we werent that many)

*Service is friendly. i sent an emIl requesting info on large parties and they were quick to respond, but like another review said, they dont explain or tell you much about the wine, they just pour and thats it

*nice large patio where you can sit and enjoy your wine, not much of a "view" like other places ive been to though

*olive oil tasting is AMAZING! on a side they had like a kitchen counter with bread and different types of oil, I loved the chocolate and the fig one, yummy

*no tours of the property or much to learn about.

nice experience but could be better

1  Thank Sivi811
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Travelled with my boston terrier (not a big dog). Nobody was there. I thought it would be ok to sit outside way to the side where we would be out of the way. Remember - there was NOBODY there. I paid for 2 tastings. Barely sat down when an employee came and told me that dogs were not allowed. I asked if it was ok since nobody was there. It was extremely hot outside (90 degrees) and asked what i should do with my dog. He actually told me I would have to leave him in the car!! I asked if i could get a refund for my tastings (I hadn't sat down and didn't drink any). He said yes - so i went inside to get a refund. The girl took my info and said it would be refunded. I guess the owner saw me with my dog and told the employee to come and tell me that dogs were not allowed. RE my refund - Luckily, I paid attention. Weeks later, I still hadn't received the refund. I called and the person on the other end of the phone said they didn't have any record of it! She did give me the refund but if I didn't keep track, i would never have gotten the refund. I would not recommend this place. I understand rules but any place that tells me to leave my dog in the car in 90 degree weather while i am wine tasting , especially when nobody is there, is not worthy of my business. Would not recommend this place. No wonder nobody was there.

4  Thank mooki x
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I really enjoyed going to this winery - this was the second time I've been there. As a bonus, they have a good selection of house made oils and vinegar for dipping bread.