“Absolutely incredible!”

Ranked #12 of 567 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? The beer....oh yeah! Known for their Pliny the Elder, they have some amazing other choices that include Blind Pig and Row 2. The food....the pizza is AWESOME and compliments the Pliny to a t. We had a group of 10 and shared the Mikey, the Clipper, and a pepperoni. The service.....absolutely superior and our server made the experience top notch. I love this brewery; anyone and everyone who likes beer must stop and enjoy this majestic wonder!!!

1  Thank tr21

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Crazy crowds and great beer. That says it all. We went on a Saturday afternoon and couldn't get near the bar. Suggestion... Buy a growler and take your beer home, unless you love the energy of a crazy crowd and nearly no place to stand.

1  Thank Ayeessa
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Fairly good beer, but absolutely terrible service! We waited over an hour to get a dinner table (not a big deal), but then waited another hour after ordering our beer to recieve our first round! Being that we are from out of state & on vacation, we decided to then order dinner anyway, as we simply had no idea where else to go. Another hour later, our pizza arrived...

We decided to try Russian River based on reviews we found on this site, but now I believe the reviews MUST have been left be friends of the establishment because I can't imagine that anyone could possibly appreciate such poor service, paired with such a limited menu & mediocre food! (By the way; don't describe yourself as a "brew pub" if you only sell pizza & beer... to me the word "pub" suggests much more than pizza...)

I definitely will not recommend Russian River to anyone I know, nor will I EVER return. Extremely disappointing!!!

4  Thank LukeK566
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Oh Vinny, you are a genius! We love coming to RRBC each February during the Pliny the Younger Release. We enjoy every minute of our "pilgrimage", from chatting to fellow beer geeks waiting in line before opening, to that first awesome taste of what many call the world's best beer, and also the amazing pizza that comes piping hot out of the kitchen-- the perfect accompaniment to the hefty brew (10+ ABV!) . Unlike others in my family, I am not actually a bona-fide Hop Head, but I think PtY is delicious. You'd never guess it's triple-hopped. It is so balanced and flavorful, with that gorgeous hoppy flowery nose, and none of the bitter aftertaste that so many other hop-heavy beers can have.

They have the system finely tuned for their big release weeks, and the service is amazing. The place is hopping every minute, but the wait staff is right there, paying attention when your glass needs refilling, and staying peppy and friendly. LOVE this place! See you next February!

PS If you can't make it during Pliny the Younger time, don't despair. There are plenty of other amazing beers year-round, including Pliny the Elder, my second-favorite.

1  Thank LindaFraubie
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Had a pizza and some excellent micro-brew. Pizza was thin crusted with lots of toppings. Served hot without a lot of waiting. Micro brew was smooth and tasty. Defiantly a place to return to.

1  Thank PoppyonPoppy