“Terrible customer service, dilapidated facility”
Review of Hotel Santa Rosa

Hotel Santa Rosa
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My friend and I reserved two rooms at this hotel through Hotels.com. When we arrived, the manager told us that he had a reservation for only one room, and that the hotel otherwise was sold out. We might have shared the one room that he had for us, if he had not been one of the rudest and least-accommodating service employees I have ever dealt with. When we expressed frustration about the botched reservation, he blamed Hotels.com, claimed that it was not his fault, and stated that we (and others) have tried to gouge his hotel by booking through a "third party" rather than calling his hotel directly to reserve rooms. He refused to acknowledge that in today's world most people book hotels online, through websites like Hotels.com or Travelocity, rather than calling the hotel directly. He did not apologize for the lost reservation and he refused to do anything to try to rectify the situation. In fact, he even refused to wave a $15 "convenience fee." Because there were literally no other hotel rooms available in Sonoma or Marin Counties, we had to drive an hour to find somewhere else to sleep. Apart from the manager being rude and unaccommodating, the facility itself was unappealing and in poor condition. Do not stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The hotel is very close to a significant Road and rooms are not insulated at all.
Staff is not very pleasant especially in the morning for breakfast.
We had a restless night due to the road and some customers.
Not an experience we would recommend

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank bigotn
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked a room through an online service and had a printed confirmation plus proof of credit card payment. On arrival at the hotel the receptionist could not find our booking and refused to call the toll free number to query the error. As she did not have a vacancy she would not help us and said that she did not have a phone to make an external call. We then went to another motel who were very helpful and found us a bed and called e online service . So our experience at this hotel was that their customer service was not good but we could not rate any other factors however it was near a freeway and sounded very noisy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret K
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here in a trip up the California Coast. This might be the worst of the three that we stayed in. The motel seems as if it's doing the bare minimum to stay in business. The room we had was decent, but the mattress was firm with a mattress cover that barely fit over it. There were only two pillows on the bed about the size of couch pillows. On a queen sized bed, they looked tiny. I saw other, regular-sized pillows on the housekeeping carts in the hall, so maybe we had to request them at the front desk. Either way, I shouldn't have to request a decent sized pillow. The doors were also in need of repair. They're solid wood and chipping around the edges. The room did come with breakfast, but it could have afforded a bit more variety (and some cleaning up). I overheard one family in the hall mention that it used to feature a waffle-maker.

All in all, I would rate the room an average. There was nothing exceptional about it, but maintained a bare minimum standard of quality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed here with a group of guys before heading out on a hunting trip. It's not the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in but it was clean and had everything I needed. The beds were okay, and the shower worked great. It took me a while to figure out the TV, I think it's past its prime but once we got it turned on it was fine. We left early before the breakfast was served, so I didn't get to try that. One thing that bugs the heck out of me at a hotel is noise from the adjoining rooms, and I did not hear a thing from next door or above us, so that was a major plus for me.

We liked the location for sure- There is a decent diner right in the same parking lot and a Big 5 just across the street. We got in kind of late the second day and the diner was closed so we went to BJ's which is a short walk near the mall. All in all it is a decent place, plenty of parking, clean, etc. For the price it beats the heck out of staying at a Hilton or one of the big name (big price) brands.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hotel_bidniz
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a great little motel to stay in. It is not a 'dump as suggested by some reviewers. We found this place clean and tidy - inexpensive - and next to one of the best diners I've ever been to - Sam's!

It has a small swimming pool which was not open when we visited - out of season - but a good little area to sunbathe, etc. I've stayed in loads of motels on this west coast trip and the Vagabond has, in my estimation been one of the better ones.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 26, 2013

On our two week road trip experiencing all the joys that budget hotels can bring, this place wins the award for worst hotel. It's a dump.

The pool looked like a frog pond. The room was tiny and smelled. The freeway noise was really loud. Wifi was crap...Just stay away. Lots of other hotels in the area.

Stayed: March 2013