“Listen to the reviews, find another place to stay” 2 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn - Santa Rosa
Americas Best Value Inn - Santa Rosa
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Pittsburg, CA
“Listen to the reviews, find another place to stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My family recently stayed at this hotel when my wife ran a local marathon. The hotel was about 1 mile from the starting line in Julliard Park which was right beside the Santa Rosa Plaza mall. The hotel has easy freeway access; there’s a Denny’s restaurant across the street, Costco, Wendy’s restaurant, shopping center behind the hotel. Unfortunately, that’s about all this hotel has got going for it….
The hotel looks very old from the outside, with a matching interior that is very dated. The customer service was a bit on the rude side, basically hurry up and check you in (I guess that’s not a bad thing, but they can be courteous at least). I think the hotel has permanent tenants? Walked by a couple of rooms with the door open and noticed, it is being “lived in” and not just an overnight.
The Continental Breakfast was very simple; coffee, juice, milk, cereal and packaged pastries. This was good enough to get us going, but I’ve had better, especially for the nightly rate we paid.
I would not recommend this hotel. Find a better place, you’ll thank me for it later…

Room Tip: TIP: find a nicer room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank joel1316

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband booked us at the Motel 6 and I was horrified when we went to the room. We are used to staying at much nicer hotels, but this was just supposed to be place to sleep on our way home from a previous destination. I had low expectations, but this fell way below...blood on the wall, strong cigarette smell in a non-smoking room, and more. I checked out immediately, but was then unable to find anything available without having to pay at least twice the amount. Finally I found this place, and for just a few dollars more we got a very clean room with a comfortable bed, just what we needed. Pleasantly surprised to discover that it included a continental breakfast. For a more budget hotel/motel in this area, I definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Karen J
Crescent City, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

The room was OK but not real clean. No shampoo or conditioner and 1 small bar of soap. We came in late and we were told their was breakfast at 7:30. We said we needed to leave by 7:00. They said they would have something ready for us. We could see the coffee and a couple of muffins, however the door was locked and we couldn't get in. Got coffee across the street. Probably would not go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had the most painful, stressful and hideous experience before i even visited this hotel.

We're traveling with friends and needed to modify my reservation.

Instead of 3 nights (as originally planned) I wanted to stay ONLY one night.

I called the hotel directly, NOBODY seems to know what to do. There is NEVER a manager available.
They told me to call the next day during business hours so someone could help me.
I called the next day, same story. They tell me to call online reservations. I called online reservations and they re-directed me to call the hotel. I called the hotel to ask for a manager again, No luck. With a massive headache i decided to give it another day.

I called the hotel, again no manager and ODDLY enough the same guy answers the phone (for 3 days, whatever time i called). It is very hard to get this guy at the hotel to understand what i want to do: MODIFY my reservation. He tells me there is NO way he can modify anything. He promises me he'll put a note on my reservation.... How is that helpfull?
I called online reservations, they tell me they see the note, but No modifications can be made by them. They tell me the hotel has to do it directly.
On day 2 before my arrival, still the same situation.
I complained to online, I complained to the guy at the desk... they do not even try to give me any other options or ways around it. They kept on saying No modifications can be made, since they're sold out.
I suggested to cancel my current reservation (3 nights) and create a new one for 1 night only -as i asked from day one, when my journey with America’s Best Value Inn Santa Rosa started- They still said that was impossible.
After many headaches and a few Tylenolds I decided to give it a try myself.
I created a new reservation online for one night, and cancelled the one NOBODY COULD MODIFY.
Moral of the story: YOU HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING
(I hope they don't expect me to clean the room for them as well)

I am already hating just the idea to stay at this hotel.
I am Extremely disappointed at the customer service quality and manners they have.

I will be there this Saturday night 09/21/12
If this hotel is as bad as it looks online I am checking the out right away and you will hear and see my pics about it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Modesto C
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Non-smoking room but smels like somebody was smoking in the room and bathroom. Strange bad smell in the room, carpet 1000 years old. No seats for the breakfest, you need to carry but no tray. Do not recomending at all.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank renas71
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Rude front desk, the had a negative attitude. Lack customer service but the room was okay.

• Stayed January 2012
The Rocky Mountains
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I Guess I am not a fan of double beds. When we made reservations online, we were told roll-a-way beds were available. When we arrived front desk staff said that no roll-a-ways are available for rooms with two beds.

There were stucco crews working on the hotel the evening we arrived. They stayed in the rooms above us and were banging around til about 11:00. Hallelujah! things went completely still after that.

The beds were hard. The rooms were clean. Next morning after a VERY scaled back continental breakfast..as I was walking back to our room, I could see into the laundry stock room in the room next to ours (there were several unused roll-away beds). Long story short....staff could have been A LOT more helpful. Hospitality FAIL.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
santarosaabvi, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Santa Rosa, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Thank you for posting your review we appreciate your comments. Local safety and fire codes do not allow us to put rollaway beds in our rooms with 2 beds, we do have some rollaways available for our one bedded rooms. We are sorry if you were inconvenienced and do apologize. We were unaware of the noise from the worker crews that were staying with us they were not working on our rooms at that time of night and were guests at our Inn.