“HORRIBLE”

Americas Best Value Inn - Santa Rosa
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had the most painful, stressful and hideous experience before i even visited this hotel.

We're traveling with friends and needed to modify my reservation.

Instead of 3 nights (as originally planned) I wanted to stay ONLY one night.

I called the hotel directly, NOBODY seems to know what to do. There is NEVER a manager available.
They told me to call the next day during business hours so someone could help me.
I called the next day, same story. They tell me to call online reservations. I called online reservations and they re-directed me to call the hotel. I called the hotel to ask for a manager again, No luck. With a massive headache i decided to give it another day.

I called the hotel, again no manager and ODDLY enough the same guy answers the phone (for 3 days, whatever time i called). It is very hard to get this guy at the hotel to understand what i want to do: MODIFY my reservation. He tells me there is NO way he can modify anything. He promises me he'll put a note on my reservation.... How is that helpfull?
I called online reservations, they tell me they see the note, but No modifications can be made by them. They tell me the hotel has to do it directly.
On day 2 before my arrival, still the same situation.
I complained to online, I complained to the guy at the desk... they do not even try to give me any other options or ways around it. They kept on saying No modifications can be made, since they're sold out.
I suggested to cancel my current reservation (3 nights) and create a new one for 1 night only -as i asked from day one, when my journey with America’s Best Value Inn Santa Rosa started- They still said that was impossible.
After many headaches and a few Tylenolds I decided to give it a try myself.
I created a new reservation online for one night, and cancelled the one NOBODY COULD MODIFY.
Moral of the story: YOU HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING
(I hope they don't expect me to clean the room for them as well)

I am already hating just the idea to stay at this hotel.
I am Extremely disappointed at the customer service quality and manners they have.

I will be there this Saturday night 09/21/12
If this hotel is as bad as it looks online I am checking the out right away and you will hear and see my pics about it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Modesto C

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Non-smoking room but smels like somebody was smoking in the room and bathroom. Strange bad smell in the room, carpet 1000 years old. No seats for the breakfest, you need to carry but no tray. Do not recomending at all.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank renas71
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Rude front desk, the had a negative attitude. Lack customer service but the room was okay.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I Guess I am not a fan of double beds. When we made reservations online, we were told roll-a-way beds were available. When we arrived front desk staff said that no roll-a-ways are available for rooms with two beds.

There were stucco crews working on the hotel the evening we arrived. They stayed in the rooms above us and were banging around til about 11:00. Hallelujah! things went completely still after that.

The beds were hard. The rooms were clean. Next morning after a VERY scaled back continental breakfast..as I was walking back to our room, I could see into the laundry stock room in the room next to ours (there were several unused roll-away beds). Long story short....staff could have been A LOT more helpful. Hospitality FAIL.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
santarosaabvi, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Thank you for posting your review we appreciate your comments. Local safety and fire codes do not allow us to put rollaway beds in our rooms with 2 beds, we do have some rollaways available for our one bedded rooms. We are sorry if you were inconvenienced and do apologize. We were unaware of the noise from the worker crews that were staying with us they were not working on our rooms at that time of night and were guests at our Inn.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We were looking for a cheap place to stay in Santa Rosa, and found that cheap places in Santa Rosa don't exist. But, this place was among the cheapest we could find and had a good location right off of 101. From here it was a 20 minute drive to Sonoma.

We paid $100/night for a room with two beds on a fall music festival weekend in September, 2011.

Busy office and parking lot in the evening, with lots of folks checking in and returning for the night, but it quieted down and we didn't notice any noise overnight.

Several chain restaurants are within walking distance.

Room was clean, average sized, had a microwave, refrigerator, & cable TV, and a simple complimentary breakfast of coffee, fruit, cereal, and muffins was available in the office.

Just a heads up - no in-room coffee maker or vending machines onsite.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room away from the staircase.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank AWeekOrAWeekend

Thank you for your comments we appreciate you taking the time to post them. We work hard to provide with the best possible accommodations for the most reasonable rates. You were in the area during one of our special events and this made the rate a little higher than our normal rates. We hope that you will come back and see us again in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Recently returned from a Northern California road trip and had the opportunity to spend a night at the Americas Best Value Inn in Santa Rosa , CA. What impressed me the most about this establishment was the exterior design of the building. A long two story building with a 50's - 60's space age look to it. Very interesting. The room was clean, average size for a 2 queen room but lacked some of the things one would expect such as a coffee maker for me and a hair dryer for the misses. Other than that the room was quite and comfortable and for a AAA price of less than $85.00 was and is a good choice if your ever traveling through the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for posting your review we appreciate your comments. We use your comments to evaluate our product and make changes and upgrades as needed. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again

Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stay here whenever going shopping in Santa Rosa or taking a trip north. Good Value for the money. Anil and family very nice. Quiet if you get a room on 2nd floor back corner away from the main road. Clean and comfy. Nothing plush, but very decent.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandrasparrow

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate your posting your comments. We work hard to provide you with a home away from home atmosphere and are happy when we have pleased you.