“Nastiest Place on EARTH”

Americas Best Value Inn - Santa Rosa
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nastiest Place on EARTH”
Reviewed September 27, 2007

I have stayed in many questionable hotels before.... THIS IS BY FAR, THE WORST HOTEL EVER!!! The first thing to mention is, this is in a BAD neighborhood. There is a liquor store across the street. My party and I took a short walk over to the liquor store (upon coming to grips with the dismal reality of just how AWFUL a night we'd have in our stank nasty room) seeking drinks to numb the awfulness of where we were staying. There was a free HIV/AIDS testing van in the parking lot of the liquor store. I may have heard gun shots at night. The room smelled horrible. It was non smoking, but there was a smoke detector in the room, with a notice that said every time you smoke 10$ will be added to your bill. WHATS THE POINT OF THE NON-SMOKING ROOM THEN?! The room was dirty and smelly and horrible. I didn't sleep under the blankets because I was afraid of catching a disease. We only stayed there because it looked OK from the outside and it was getting late and we couldnt' find any other place to stay (because everywhere was booked for a near-by NASCAR event). It was horrible. This is the worst hotel ever to exist. The people running it should be ashamed of how nasty it is.

• Liked — The second we checked out.
  • Disliked — The SMELLY STINKY FILTHY NASTY, and the STINK NASTY area it was located in.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank bekahblue22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
Del Mar, CA
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Most of the reviews I read prior to booking were pretty neutral. The Orbitz site said that the inn is located in gorgeous Santa Rosa. Well, the Santa Rosa wine country may be gorgeous, but the inn is located on a busy street, near the freeway entrance, across the street from a liquor store where a bunch of men hung out in the parking lot. I was traveling with my young daughter and was a little worried about the area we were in. When we checked in and got to our room, the deadbolt lock did not work. I had to request for another room. Then I tried to schedule a wake-up call, and the phone didn't work. When I walked down to the front desk to have the phone fixed, they asked me if I put down a deposit to use the phone! I had to explain that I wanted a working phone for the wake-up call and in case of an emergency. They reluctantly replaced the phone with one that worked. The only positive note was that the room was relatively clean. I will definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2007
2 Thank SummerDelMar

Travelers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

central CA
Reviewed August 13, 2006

My husband and I stayed here on 8-13-06 for one night - oldest daughter goes to college nearby. We have stayed at other hotels in the area, and had better experiences, over the past 2 years. The hotel was older, but maintained. It is in a less desireable portion of town, pretty seedy. Inside the room, the furniture appeared new, and the room itself clean. The towel bar was not firmly attached to the wall and bumping the towel hanging on it caused the bar to fall. The non-smoking room smelled of smoke. There is a continental breakfast in the lobby with coffee and individually wrapped pastry. The staff was pleasant, both checking in and out.

• Liked — room was clean inside
  • Disliked — area/guests seemed seedy, unsafe
  • Tips/Secrets — plan ahead and stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank miche11em
Gold Country, California
Reviewed July 24, 2005

It was certainly nothing fancy, but it had a nicely maintained exterior - fresh paint and nicely landscaped. The man at the desk was friendly and welcoming. The room itself was a nice size, with a queen bed, two end tables, long dresser with TV on top, round table with two upholstered chairs and small refrigerator. Everything was very clean. The carpet and mattress appeared very new. Paint on walls was new, too. I am extremely particular about having a non-smoking odor free room and I was more than satisified with this one. Again, nothing fancy (a swimming pool would have been welcome in the heat) but for a one nighter on a budget, this place was just fine. "Breakfast" was a sweet roll and coffee, no beverage offereed for a child.

• Stayed July 2005