“Home Away from Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hillside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Rosa
Hillside Inn
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
“Home Away from Home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

Not really sure why everyone is griping about Bob. When I visit Santa Rosa this is the only place I will stay. Two times in the past 12 years I have had a problem regarding a room and both times Bob took care of it. Bob has a vested interest in the Hillside; he's not just the manager but also the owner. He takes great pride in his property. Bob, you rock. I love this place, private, clean and cozy.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank bubbasu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I was hesitant to stay here due to all the reviews about a rude man. When I called, a woman answered the phone. She was not rude and was able to guarantee a room for me using my credit card information. When we arrived, she still had the room waiting for us and wasn't rude at all.

The only room they had left was a smoking room, so our room smelled less than clean. The beds looked clean and the tv was surprisingly nice quality. There is a kitchenette that is way older than me and a small dining table to go with it. The walls were thick enough to block out all neighbors. The air conditioner worked quite well, although a little loud. We had a balcony as well. The ceiling is also very sparkly. For the price, it's a decent night's sleep.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Snipperton
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I rented a room from Hillsiade Inn for an International guest & from the get go the man at front desk gave me a hard time, he was rude & condensending. My guest was resting in his room & put the DO NOT DISTURB SIGN on door. The maid knocks on door saying she HAS TO clean room. My guest said no thank you...I have the sign on door. The maid leaves & comes back a few hours later & knocks again. This time my guest was bothered & asked her if she sees the sign on the door. She said yes but I'm told I have to clean so my guest goes to the front desk & talks to the man there explaining what happened. The front desk man tells my guest he is no longer welcomed there & to leave. My guest said he will not leave because we paid for the room & that was rude of him. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE STAY AT THIS HOTEL...I USUALLY GO ELSEWHERE BUT ALL THE SURROUNDING HOTEL WERE BOOKED FOR THE DATES I NEEDED N THIS WAS THE ONLY PLACE AVAILABLE AT THE TIME....UNFORTUNATELY

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank puertoricanmama

Travelers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I called three months ago to book 3 rooms for end of July. The owner Bob told me nothing was available, he had no waiting list and to call back Mid May. He told me this info not by offering but by my pursuing options.
I called back last night and new person said rooms were available, gave me options and suggested I call owner Bob in am since she was new.
I called Bob, greeted him with Hi Bob, How are you today? and he said: what do you want?
I said I was just trying to be friendly but if he's not into that here's what I want- I gave him the history, my needs and he bluntly said "we are all booked with the Sonoma County Fair"
I said ok, told him he was rude and said good bye.
I will NEVER STAY AT THE HILLSIDE INN...no matter how inexpensive and convenient location wise it is.
I have booked my family at The Palms In where they are friendly, helpful and, accomodating .
The rooms at The Palms Inn look much nicer that The Hillside Inn anyway.
I tyravel to Santa Rosa regularly and Bob just lost a lot of business.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Journeywoman_8
Peoria, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

omg I just tried to book a room, and give this guy a credit card because I would be coming in past 6pm. He told me to call him, and prefer not to guarantee my room! and then advised if I didn't like my option I should stay somewhere else! What poor customer service over the phone and floored he wont hold a room! very rude

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Tracey S
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

This motel in Santa Rosa was built around 1965 and is still in good condition. It has the U-shaped horizontal style surrounding a swimming pool that was popular at that time. The owner still runs it as if it was 1965 and you get a handwritten receipt with "Paid" stamped on it. You can stay here for under $100 a night. The restaurant is a bit pricier than Denny's but my wife says the quality is better.

It is a twenty-mile scenic drive down Highway 12 through lush countryside and wineries here and there to Sonoma. Then it is a ten-mile scenic drive to Napa through the same type of countryside. Sonoma is less of a tourist trap and has the best winery to visit which is Buena Vista, the oldest winery in the whole area, and about a mile east of historic downtown Sonoma down East Napa Street.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Want rude customer service, your room given away if you run into bad traffic and don't arrive by 4 pm? How about gold flecks in your room's ceiling and 20-year-old bed spreads? If you want that and a pool that doesn't get cleaned very often, the Hillside Inn is for you. If not, run for the hills. I wish I had. You couldn't pay me to stay here again.

Stayed April 2014