“Great price, fine accommodation”
Review of Hillside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Rosa
Hillside Inn
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Port Townsend, WA, USA
“Great price, fine accommodation”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The Hillside Inn is one of the least expensive places to stay in Sonoma County. I was visiting family members who live within two miles of this inn. It is not fancy but is clean and welcoming. My only concern is that the heater fan, when it cycled onand off was very noisy. I did not use the kitchen facilities so can't comment on them. The room was quite large.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Mendocino, California
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Surely there are better places to stay in Santa Rosa. This was nothing to write home about. My only real complaint was that I could not get the room to warm up.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Kirkland, Washington, United States
Reviewed January 31, 2012

En route to Washington we spent a cold evening after a long drive, comfortably tucked into our room at the Hillside Inn. The accommodation was clean and quiet; our room was in the back behind the pool area. We were tired from the drive and ready to sleep well, which we did. In the morning my husband went to the nearby diner and thought it provided a great hearty breakfast---with a local flavor.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Essexville
Reviewed January 21, 2012

I stayed at the Hillside in December of 2011. It was just ok, it is old and in need of updates. The kitchen is sparsely furnished. The location was great for us. We had a gift disappear from our room. I do not suspect the maids because nothing else of value was missing. I believe it was either thrown out, assuming the gift bag was empty, or it was stolen when the room door was left open. The gift bag was in close proximity to the door. When I tried to discuss the issue with the owner at the front desk he didn't want any of the information and rudely dismissed the subject. He is a horrible manager. I would not go back because of him and his attitude. He showed absolutely no interest in my missing item. It is his job to know what is going on in his establishment. He is not the only place in town, check out the other options before staying there.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank DueceDueceessexville

Travelers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

California
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I visit Santa Rosa a few times a year and always stay at Hillside Inn. For the price and location, it is a deal. The price is always the same and I know what to expect. Every time I stay here, the owner is very nice and accommodating. I've stayed at other places while visiting the area and will always come back to Hillside Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank mountainpatsy
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We had 3 rooms over at the flamingo and moved over to the Hillside Inn because we found out they had kitchenettes and we could save $30 a night per room. The rooms are comfortable, clean and affordable. The owners and staff were nice enough. And Yes I did notice that “the maids leave the doors open to 'air' the rooms, and commonly leave them unattended”, I also noticed that no one is in them when they did that and they had already checked out. No frills, great value, great location.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
e. Lansing
Reviewed December 21, 2011

The maids leave the doors open to 'air' the rooms, and commonly leave them unattended. My parents room was left open, with a laptop in easy reach, I closed the door, no harm, no big deal. A small gift WAS taken from my brother's room. When we reported it to the owner/manager, he was ZERO help. He was actually antagonistic! He demanded that we "Prove it!" I walked to an open, unattended room being 'aired', took out a telephone, set it on his desk. He became belligerant, aggressively arguing that it was NOT his problem, so we moved out.
His demeanor was a major, negative influence on our visit to California. Our friends in Santa Rosa say this is NOT an isolated incident, This is how he keeps YOUR problems from becoming HIS problems.

Room Tip: Stay at the Flamingo, or any number of nearby hotels.