“Disappointing service”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Oceanside, CA
“Disappointing service”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

The hotel is simply ok, nothing great. But I was very disappointed about the service. I was there for work so using wifi on my computer was very important for me. Their internet was soooo slow it was impossible to do anything. I called the front desk to ask the lady about the problem and she told me to call the internet company to fix the problem. Can you believe this? I'm sorry but I don't think it's the guests' responsibility to fix their internet problems. Anyway, she never apologized or did anything about it. I had two laptops and one iPod touch and on every connection the internet was sooooo incredibly slow so it was definitely not a hardware problem. I ended up moving to the Quality Inn just a short drive from there on the same avenue and what a difference; their free internet was super fast. Plus it was cheaper, cleaner, and more comfortable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank skovi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Roseburg
Reviewed November 26, 2010

After having to change our Thanksgiving day travel plans due to weather, we ended up driving down the OR & CA 101. We ended up at the BW in Santa Rosa at midnight. The very nice clerk gave us a better than AAA discount. Our room was very clean and comfortable with a large bathroom area which was nice for getting ready in the morning. It was close to fast food and quick dining establishments and easy on/off the 101. I would stay again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Phillipsville
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We came down to Santa Rosa to go Trick-or-Trating for Halloween.

The hotel was very comfortable and the parking lot seemed very safe (which is very important to us). The rooms were very spacious and had big comfortable beds. The bathroom area was nice and big with full length mirrors, wich made getting our daughter ready alot easier. No bathtub in our room, but the shower was large and had good pressure with an adjustable head. The room also had a sliding glass door which let in lots of natural light. It opened up to their garden courtyard and one of the pool areas.

Honestly walking around the property made your forget you were right in the Santa Rosa business area. It was very peaceful and secluded.

We most definately will be back again! And any parents out there looking for a great place to come for halloween, come stay at the Garden Inn and be sure to hit up Mcdonald Ave and Jose Ramon Ave for some amazing decorations and safe holliday fun :)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Fort Bragg, CA USA
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We love this place for great location, comfortable rooms and beds, nice amenities and really good value. BUT its internet speed is terrible and you can't get sports channels other than the usual two ESPN channels. If you love the Bay Area Teams you will likely NOT get their games at this place. We were terribly disappointed last night to not get the Giants game. Same is true for Niners.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MendoPaul
London
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Stayed here because we wanted to go to Sonoma, and this was a lot cheaper than staying there. Lovely large rooms, which are well equipped. Hotel has launderette, which is great when you have been traveling for weeks, which we had. Breakfast is not included, but there is a cafe on site, which has very good and reasonably priced food. If you eat out in town make sure you try the Puerto Rican restaurant, name escapes me, but food is superb.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New Braunfels
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Booked this hotel and then decided to cancel. Got my cancellation number and all looked fine. Then, checking my Credit Card statement, I see the charge is there. So, after calling Customer Service and finally getting a reply from the hotel itself - I find that I made 2 other reservations, WHAT? They gave me the numbers of the fake reservations and said because I didn't cancel them that I had to pay $250.00. WHAT?? So, thinking maybe I have started sleep internet, I checked my yahoo account for any confirmations to the new numbers that they gave me. NOTHING.... Best Western, I think you are pulling a runner here.

I bet I will never make another reservation with you - EVER. Kathleen

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
Reviewed August 20, 2010

The BW Garden Inn was a basic motel on a busy street off the freeway. The rooms were basic, but nothing extra or memorable except for no continental breakfast. Most BW's have one these days. AAA book is wrong and they do not provide breakfast unless you pay for it. Denny's is across the busy street and a 1/2 block away, so for convenience sake you can visit the motel's small breakfast restaurant on the grounds. It has short basic menu.

• Stayed August 2010