“Nice stay”

Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The room was quiet, clean, comfortable, and safe. The hotel is located on Santa Rosa Ave near Costco and Target. When you drive back to the rooms, it's hard to believe that you're in such a busy area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
donadidit44, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank youBarbarie/Carol. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. You know as you said, until you actually drive in to our property, Its hard to believe that we are in such a busy area. I do thank you for taking the time to do this survey. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We spent the first night here on our trip to the Redwoods, and after six nights on the road we elected to returned before flying home. This is the manner any older motel should be resurrected--modern interiors, clean, spacious and well managed. The grounds clearly are gardens. We would return tomorrow!
While there, do visit the Charles Shultz (Peanuts) Museum, as it was awesome.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor on the back north or any of the back single story rooms facing the lawn!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you Golfsam. I love hearing that you came back again after you visited the redwoods. I
appreciate the fact on your comment about being an older hotel. So glad you like our garden property. We actually have a lot of plans in the making for our hotel. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This was a nice Best Western - room was good, bed was very comfortable, show really nice (except hard to pull on). The place was popular with highway construction crews who parked equipment in the already overcrowded parking lot - but since there was enough spots for all - it worked out. This was one of the first Best Westerns we've stayed in that doesn't offer a complimentary continental breakfast - there was a restaurant on the property that we could have bought vouchers for - but since the room has a microwave it was just as easy to purchase breakfast supplies at the nearby Target store.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Catraveler, I am glad you found our beds to be comfortable. It makes a big difference when traveling knowing that you will get a good nights rest. I do hope when can spend more time here when you come back. Sorry we do not offer a continental breakfast, but I do hope you hade breakfast in our cafe. It is very reasonable. Again thank you.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were not granted AAA rates because such rooms no longer available. In fact rooms were available. We were in town because of medical emergency facing family member, and meeting other family at hospital. We also understood by internet ad that a light breakfast would be included, as with many other Best Western hotels. However we were told this was not so, but that we could pay extra at their eating facility next morning to have such breakfast. Were we not in such distress because of family emergency, would have looked elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time for our survey. I see you did get the AAA rate. Also we do have a hospital rate, that we do honor on the weekdays.you just need to verify that you have someone in the hospital, our that you have a appointment . As far as breakfast we do not show on our website that breakfast is included with the room . There is a breakfast inclusive rate that can be booked online, however you are better off just paying for the breakfast, which is very reasonable. I do hope that you will give us another try when in the area again.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had difficulty finding this hotel as the sign was too small. It is on a busy road which is quite industrial. Our room was the one nearest the road which did get quieter later but I had specifically requested a quiet room. On our second night a truck was parked in the hotel car park outside our room and made a lot of noise at 4.30am leaving. The room was lovely. it was big. Everything was new including the bathroom. It was very clean. I would not recommend the breakfast and I would not recommend asking the girls on reception for any advice about the area. We were visiting the wine region and I don't think it is the best location for such a visit.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from road
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for completing this survey Visi2rs. I am sorry you found us hard to find, We are just off the freeway. We actually have a pretty good size sign, Not as big a I would like, but as big as the city will allow. I am glad you approve of the room, however I am sorry you had to hear a truck outside your room at 4:00 am. I do hope when you are in the area again, that you do come see us.
Next time ask for a room away from the road, try to book a Deluxe king, not a Standard king.. The Standard king rooms are in the front section of the hotel.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I've stayed in the Best Western hotels and the Best Western Plus hotels, and the Plus does make a major difference. Both hotels are remarkably clean with friendly staff. However, the BW Plus have superior rooms with wonderful beds. The rooms are a comfortable size with pleasing decor. We have family in this Santa Rosa area and our visits to them are made even better knowing that we'll have a great sleep close by. Our favorite rooms are in the 114-116 area where they back onto a lovely landscaped area which is accessible through a sliding glass door.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you ougeegirl. I do thank you for making us your choice to stay when you come to visit your family. I see you like the garden area. So don't forget to request on of these rooms when you make your next reservation. Again thank you.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Reservation wrong, hair on breakfast plate, had to switch rooms and check in late. spent way to much time "dealing" with hotel issues. Staff acted like reservation issues were my fault after they sent me to a room that was occupied by another guest. I opened the door and found another guest in "my room". Asked to wait until room mess was straightened out but got tied of this and went out to dinner instead. Checked in finally 2 hours later but was informed I would have to change rooms the next day and actually had to complete check in paperwork 3 times. Breakfast had hair on the plate when served. Waited again... Spent way to much time on hotel "problems". Bill was $656 for 4 nights. WAY TO MUCH for poor service.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
donadidit44, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your recent survey, I do apology for the inconvenience of having to move to another room the next day. However I noticed you booked a room with two queen beds, When you checked in, The room that you entered was a room that we checked out early, because guest had taken all his belonging out of the room. We did try to contact the guest to see if was in fact gone. No response. Guest did come back that evening, Normal procedure in this case is to rekey the room.
I am so sorry this happened to you. The reason you had to move the next day was when we checked you in, we upgraded you to a suite. However this room was not available the next night.
Again please accept my sincere apology.
Donna

North Bay Inn
#11 of 24 in Santa Rosa
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Garden Inn? Share your experiences!