“Nice change”

Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed April 2, 2013

First time at this hotel . It was appealing for the fact that it doesnt look like your run of the mill hotel . Look was more like cottages . There are 5 structures and 2 pools . A small cafe in the middle of the grounds . Ample parking and well kept grounds . I had a single with a king bed . Decent furnishings and room was clean . Note about bathroom , was quite tiny but was functional . Bathroom is just that , what more do you need ? Had a shower stall and not a curtain , nice ! A few eats close by , went to one but was closed so I ate at Dennys , so so . What I did not like was the cafe for the reason you have to pay ! No continental breakfast ! Small but clean and has 12 tables . Had the eggs and hashbrowns simple but good as was the service . Warm reception and easy check-in . Would stay there again .

Room Tip: Pay at cafe no continental breakfast .
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
donadidit44, Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your response. I do appreciate your input. Our property is very different from most
hotels. We are an older property, but we do maintain everything, and keep doing updates. Right now we are remodeling the garden area. As far as the breakfast, we kept our prices very low. So you can have a nice hot breakfast, cooked to order. I happy to hear that you did enjoy your food.
We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel is like a motor lodge and way overpriced. The king room was spacious but old and smelled like a vintage clothing store. I left the door open for air but the room still had a bad smell. The t.v. was big but the reception was horrible...the whole experience was frustrating, especially for the price. I'd definitely pass on this hotel unless you got a really, really good rate.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Ctbenv
donadidit44, Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thank you for your survey. If the room smelled,a and the TV did not work, why did you not let us know. We would have been more than happy to move you to another room. Sorry you were so frustrated Please when in the area give us another chance.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The young lady at the front desk went above and beyond to see that we got the room that suited us best. She took the time to see we got a room that was quieter and larger that the one we first were booked in. We would certainly stay here if where at in the Santa Rosa area again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Sparky1943
donadidit44, Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your comments. I am happy that we made your stay
as comfortable as possible. We try to listen to what are guest would like, as far as room type, and the area that suites them. In your case we were able to assign you a rooms that suited you.
Again thank you. We hope to see you in future.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The rooms are large, and decorated well, we found our room clean and was very comfortable. Large screen hd tv was appreciated. Our next door neighbors were noisy but eventually settled down and we had a great sleep. The grounds around the motel were well kept up and looked great. The ice machine closest to our room did not work but the one up by the office worked fine. Keep up the good work and we will be back again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for completing the survey . We do appreciate your business. I am glad you found your
room to be satisfactory. and that you found your room to be large, and well decorated. Sorry you had loud neighbors. I wish you would have called the office to let us know. We would have made sure that they kept the noise down. Please when in the area come see us again.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We arrived tired and just wanted a bed for the night and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the place. Comfortable bed, clean, free wifi but just having spent a night in monterey for half the price which also included a continental breakfast whereas this place didn't thought it was overpriced. Service was friendly and it was quiet. Typical motel room.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
donadidit44, Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for posting your response on TripAdvisor, I do value your input. I am happy to hear that the bed was comfortable, and the room was clean, As far as the breakfast, we do have a breakfast cafe on the property, not included with the room rate, but very reasonable. Our cafe serves a full
breakfast menu. As far the price that you paid, room rates are based on week day ,verses weekend, not sure when you stayed. If it was the weekend rates are higher. We had a lot of events
every weekend in March this year, But I am glad you stayed with us, and found our property quite, and the staff was friendly. If you are ever in the area again, I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The location is convenient and the room was clean. However,we found the bed to be extremely uncomfortable. It seemed lumpy. The walls are THIN. At night I could clearly hear every cough from the next room. I did not get a very good night's sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike N Sally S
donadidit44, Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your response. I am glad you found our hotel to be in a convenient location. Also
that you approved on the how our rooms were cleaned. I am sorry that you did not get a good night sleep. I have not had any body complain about the mattresses. But thank you for your input. If I knew what room you were in, I will be more than happy to check it. As far as the wall, and noise that is always a problem in hotels. I have stayed at hotels in Las Vegas, and they were very high end hotels, and I could hear the guest in the next room. Please to not hesitate to let me know if there is any thing in the future I can assist you with. I hope we see you in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
donadidit44, Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Rosa
1 mi away
Courtyard Santa Rosa
Courtyard Santa Rosa
#8 of 24 in Santa Rosa

Been to Best Western Plus Garden Inn? Share your experiences!