WINNER WONDERLAND

“Great for Families” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Garden Inn

BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were truly surprised by the quality of this hotel. We'd stayed at their other establishment in the next city, and had been disappointed. Not here. The room was impeccably clean, even had a specifically "clean remote" for the TV and the extra blanket came in a special "clean bag". The bed was a delicious blend of soft but firm, and the sliding glass door led out to a lovely garden strip of grass and fine looking trees.

The bathroom area has a large closet with a mirrored door and small windows above the vanity to make the limited area look spacious. Everything was super clean and, surprisingly, the makings for the coffee pot even had herbal, no caffeine tea bags!! Have never experienced this - what a nice touch.

Only two complaints. The toilet-shower room was freezing cold at night, even with the timed heater (?) on for 10 minutes before showering. Perhaps it wasn't a ceiling heater.

The other is that the room temperature control was adequate but needed to be set at high fan to comfortably heat the room andit was was very noisy. It was XMAS night and cold, but it took a long time to heat up enough to turn the fan down. Even my cold tolerant husband was amazed.

There is no free breakfast bar, but there is a small full-breakfast cafe on site that we didn't visit.

Room Tip: I requested a non-smoking room away from the street. It is very quiet and the sleeping area has pat...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
donadidit44, Manager at BEST WESTERN Garden Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent response. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad
you noticed that we use clean remotes, And the bags for our extra blankets. If in the area in the summer, or spring, the garden area is the place to stay, when every thing is in bloom. Thank
you for letting me know about the heat lamp. I have had maintenance check to make sure that
the lamp is working properly. Also next time please try our breakfast cafe. Everything is cooked
to order, good home cooking, and very reasonable. If I can be of any assistance, please to not
hesitate to call, or email me.
Corvallis, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

We pulled into the parking lot seeking refuge from the rain. The desk clerk was friendly, cordial and efficient. The room was unexpected, quiet and very comfortable. The maintenance and housekeeping was impeccable.

Room Tip: Single story drive-up rooms in the back are quiet and convenient to the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments, I am glad you chose our hotel. Our goal is to make our guest feel
welcome, and it seems as though you were welcomed. The garden area is a lovely area to be
in, Rain or shine, but try to visit when every thing is in bloom, it is just so pretty to look at. And not
to mention, right outside the pool area. Please do not hesitate to call or email if I can be of any
future assistance. We look forward to your next stay.
Cardiff-by-the-Sea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I booked a pet friendly room with points for 2 nights and another room for two nights, one night to be with points. I confirmed both with the hotel although it took BW Customer Service to get the second room straight. On the MORNING of arrival, the hotel informed us the pet room was not available...even though it had been confirmed with the hotel! Additionally, we were informed that I had to be there for my points to be used (Not so, and again BW Customer Service had to get involved!) I rebooked the pet room with the BW Wine Country Inn, which was a great experience and I would recommend them. The Garden Inn was fine for accommodations, but wasn't worth the bother of dealing with uninformed staff and management. BTW I'm a Best Western Diamond member...I expect better treatment!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SoCalBagLady
donadidit44, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Garden Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your response. I understand that your daughter stayed, not yourself. When
we talked to your daugther, she said she was fine whith a room with two queen beds, since we did not have a king pet room available. Please accept my apoligy for the free night stay, my
desk clerk thought that it had to be the guest who was staying, mangement had nothing to do
with this issue. So in the future all desk clerks know that a free night voucher cam be used my
anyone else. We hope to see you in the future.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

We love staying here as it is close to our family's home and they have a cute restaurant that serves delicious breakfasts. Very cozy, quiet and they welcome dogs too. Friendly front desk staff and very clean. Comfortable beds, too.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

donadidit44, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Garden Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your comment on our property. And also my staff. We look forward to your
next stay.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a great room. We fit 5 people into this room and still had so much space. One bedroom had a king bed; the other had two queen beds. And there was a large living room with a sofabed. It also had a full kitchen.
Friendly, helpful staff.
No breakfast included, which was unfortunate.
But otherwise we had an enjoyable stay.

Capitola, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I wanted a comfortable place to spend a few days in the Santa Rosa area and usually stay at Best Westerns. I made a reservation for three nights and was so pleased that I had that long to enjoy my room. This is a nicely kept property and I loved being able to park right in front of our door. I really enjoy smaller more personal places to stay and BW Plus Garden Inn was just what I hoped for and more. It is an older property however the gardens and the two pools are very enjoyable and the rooms are nicely updated and exceptionally clean. It is one of the best maintained motels I have stayed at in a long time and I saw workers cleaning the grounds and pool areas each day. The room, bed and patio area were so comfortable and it was a nice quiet stay. The people who worked at the front desk were so polite, friendly and helpful. I will be going back to Santa Rose again as I love the area and this will be my new home away from home. Another amenity I appreciated was a separate dressing area from the bedroom and the sink is located outside the toilet/shower area so two people can get ready at the same time and it is private. Being an early riser, I was able to get up and ready to go without disturbing my friend who likes to sleep later.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nikki555257
Thank you for your response. First let me say I am so happy that you like our property, and
our rooms. Also the staff. We like to make every body feel welcome. We are all like family here.
And we like our guest to to be treated like family. We look forward to your next stay.