“Spacious 2-bedroom apartment; clean, comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Garden Inn

BEST WESTERN Garden Inn
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
California
“Spacious 2-bedroom apartment; clean, comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a great room. We fit 5 people into this room and still had so much space. One bedroom had a king bed; the other had two queen beds. And there was a large living room with a sofabed. It also had a full kitchen.
Friendly, helpful staff.
No breakfast included, which was unfortunate.
But otherwise we had an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Capitola, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I wanted a comfortable place to spend a few days in the Santa Rosa area and usually stay at Best Westerns. I made a reservation for three nights and was so pleased that I had that long to enjoy my room. This is a nicely kept property and I loved being able to park right in front of our door. I really enjoy smaller more personal places to stay and BW Plus Garden Inn was just what I hoped for and more. It is an older property however the gardens and the two pools are very enjoyable and the rooms are nicely updated and exceptionally clean. It is one of the best maintained motels I have stayed at in a long time and I saw workers cleaning the grounds and pool areas each day. The room, bed and patio area were so comfortable and it was a nice quiet stay. The people who worked at the front desk were so polite, friendly and helpful. I will be going back to Santa Rose again as I love the area and this will be my new home away from home. Another amenity I appreciated was a separate dressing area from the bedroom and the sink is located outside the toilet/shower area so two people can get ready at the same time and it is private. Being an early riser, I was able to get up and ready to go without disturbing my friend who likes to sleep later.

1 Thank Nikki555257
donadidit44, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Garden Inn, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for your response. First let me say I am so happy that you like our property, and
our rooms. Also the staff. We like to make every body feel welcome. We are all like family here.
And we like our guest to to be treated like family. We look forward to your next stay.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were quite pleasantly surprised by this motel. Because the reviews vary, we weren't sure what to expect. I travel a lot and have spent many nights in nice hotels. Our room was very large, clean, updated and a great bargain. In the pricy wine area; its a steal. We visited in the off season (November) and consider this motel to be a great bargain. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, which is a must when I travel. The beds/pillows were comfortable and I liked the fact that the decor wasn't the usual dull, spa beige everyone seems to like. The front desk staff were nice. Breakfast isn't included but the on-property cafe has nice choices for under $6.00.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor of the two-story building, away from the road.
Livonia, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This place didn't look anything like the pictures online. It's a series of one story buildings where you park in front of your room. A more accurate description is motor lodge instead of a hotel.

Our room was tired but clean. The TV was big and blurry. The price was expensive for the amenities and didn't include breakfast. We had a reservation for three nights but one was enough for us.

I discovered a couple days later that I left a pair of shoes behind. They never contacted me and it took almost a week for me to connect with housekeeping and their shipping person to have them sent. That was over a week ago and they still haven't arrived (and they plan to charge me for shipping plus an extra $5). Not my idea of outstanding customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fukuoka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed just one night here, getting an early airporter out to SFO, but was really wishing my husband and kids could have joined me. It's a classic motel with carefully kept gardens and lawns, a couple of pools, large hedges separating it from whatever's next door, a spotless room, solid wifi connection and helpful staff. Visiting from abroad, I felt it was a classic piece of Americana - especially when I was directed to Willie Bird's turkey restaurant just down the road for dinner! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would absolutely go again.

Room Tip: My room's veranda doors opened a stone's throw from the heated pool - would have been perfec...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Harper, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was driving around after dark and pulled into the hotel. Staff was wonderful, wifi. When i opened my cottage like room i was amazed. The room was like something you would find at a high end and more expensive hotel. Bonus!
And you get a city map and places to eat when you get your room.
It's truly a keeper for a sleeper!
Will go back next time i am in the area!
Jan Zenner
Harper TX

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your response. I am so glad to pulled into our hotel. We try to make our hotel
as up to date as possible. We like to make our guest feel welcome, where they will come
back and stay again. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, do not hesitate to
let us know. I love your comment about truly a keeper for a sleeper.
Helsingborg, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Santa Rosa is a nice place in California especially if you are interested in beer. Here you can find the excellent brewery Russian River with many wonderful beers. Here you also have the opportunity to taste extremely well crafted beer from Moonlight Brewery in the neighborhood. Flavor Bistro on the main square is the place to visit for Moonlight beer. Then you need a hotel. We picked Garden Inn. OK, but not more. No breakfast included.