“Make sure you book the small cabin!”

Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed one night in the Best Western Plus Garden Inn. It has two different areas - one is a two story motel setup with balconies that have king beds and two queens. However, we stayed in one of the small ground floor cabin type places which I would definitely go for again. The grounds are beautifully kept with large urns overflowing with flowers outside each cabin. Inside it's small but very clean with a nice bathroom. There are sliding patio doors with a couple of chairs outside to sit and have a coffee or whatever beverage you bring with you - on a nice warm evening a glass of wine would fit the bill. At this area there is a small koi stream with flowers surrounding it and beautiful mature trees and shrubs. The complex has two pools also, so it's like having a mini-vacation there. They don't serve breakfast but have a nice small restaurant on the site. The staff there were very friendly and the breakfast selection is excellent and very affordable. In fact we found all the staff to be extremely helpful and when I said I would like to book the cabin again they went out of their way to make suggestions as to what I would like next time in the way of bed sizes etc. Going over and above I would say. It's hard to find a relaxing motel at this price point, so I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I would ask for one of the cabins - you won't be disappointed as they are pretty unique and very...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TexasCailin

Reviewed August 8, 2011

We had to find an easy place to stay while attending a family wedding... reviews and location brought us to the BW Garden Inn.
We had two rooms on the second level of what appears to be the newer section. We were away from the road and never really heard much traffiic. We had a King room and a 2 Queen room (which was enormous) and both were clean and nicely decorated.
Parking seemed a bit tight, but the place was full due to the county fair nearby. We were surprised at the quality here and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Not sure about the older section... try to stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Babs45
Reviewed July 30, 2011

At first glance, you would expect a standard experience from this Best Western, a traditional motel property in the midst of a strip mall at the edge of town. However, once inside of it, you can expect a very well taken care of property with large rooms and comfortable beds. I was particularly surprised by the bedding (both the quality and the decoration), and the amenities and towels for the bathroom were a level above as well. The location is very good, right off an exit of the 101 so easy access to travel across the region. There is on site breakfast at their cafe (which we did not try) but close by in the mall directly to the south there are plenty of food options. Overall, a satisifying stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bjnomads
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Great bed and shower. Patrice was friendly @ the front desk. Could use better in room coffee. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank empress15
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We were pleased with our stay at the Best Western Garden Inn. It is an older motel property which has been upgraded, but....that also means that the rooms are much larger than rooms at "modern" motels/hotels.

The property is dog friendly, and that's why we selected The Garden Inn. Plus...the room rate was in line with what I wanted to spend.

The room itself was, as previously mentioned, quite large and featured a "wall" separating the bedroom from the bathroom area creating a kind of "mini-kitchen" with a fridge and micro-oven.

My side of the bed was fine. My wife didn't like her side...!!! However, that's not the first time this has happened...!!! The color-scheme of the room....bedspread etc etc, was a little off....like 40 years, but.....it didn't bother me.

What might bother some people is that the property is located in a light industrial area. I don't think you are within easy walking distance of any "finer" eating establishments. I did like the idea of having a small breakfast cafe on the property serving a little more than the basic "continental breakfast" found at many other motels.

All in all, we had a good stay, and I'll recommend The Garden Inn to friends.

PS: For the management.....please replace the keyboard for the computer in the lobby. All the letters are worn off. Why let such a minor detail irritate guests.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ebrynnie
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We checked in here. We were given an upgrade! Very nice. Very clean. Very quiet. Great value for the room size in Sonoma County. We shall return here for our next Wine Country stay. Very nice.

Room Tip: Contact the property
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We normally stay at Hilton hotels while traveling for business, but found that the reviews for the local Hilton here were lacking compared to the local Best Western...shocking right? Well, we decided to give it try, and if we hated it, we would simply check out and go back to Hilton. On arrival we were greeted with friendly and efficent service. We stayed in the family cottage-style 2 room suite as we travel with our child. The room was a bit smaller than expected, but seemed exceptionally clean compared to other Best Westerns I have been in and offered lots of extras, soaps, lotions, towels, coffees, teas, etc. This was much more than we had expected from Best Western given the competitive price with Hilton. We did expieriance an issue of stained sheets on one of the beds at bedtime, but when we called to let the staff know, they were very apologetic and quickly wisked the set away. Minor housekeeping issue I guess, Everyone is intitled to one bad day right? Maintenenace came in spotted our curtains for us the next day, and we were even given free breakfast tickets for the duration of our stay for the little cafe that is here onsite. The hotel general manager handled the matter, and she was very professional, friendly, and was more embarrassed than I was about the small matter. She made me feel that Guests and their comfort are definately the priority here. The grounds are beautiful and offers 2 pools as well as lots of flowers and landscaping for views. The sliding glass door opening into the garden patio areas was very nice too. Very quiet night with the exception of a few crickets ( My husband seemed to like them, I found them a bit annoying, but hey, I am a city girl ) . I saw the review about the poor internet, but never had this issue. My laptop worked quickly and the service seemed fine so prehaps it was a user error? Or maybe it was repaired since? Breakfast was ok, but prehaps if you are desiring tastier fare you should venture outside of the hotel for better selections and flavors; but It met our basic needs. We will definately be staying here again if in Santa Rosa for business/pleasure. Great room for the price.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business