“Convenient wine country hub”

Courtyard Santa Rosa
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Raleigh
“Convenient wine country hub”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

If you are planning on visiting different wine valleys - Napa, Sonoma, Russian River, etc. this hotel is conveniently located. It is right off 101 and has a cute little downtown. We experienced a quick, friendly check-in. We were placed in one of their renovated rooms. It was spacious as far as mid-level hotels go, but the bathroom, shower, sink, and closet are very tiny. I like the sliding door separating the sleeping area from the bathroom area - nice for early risers. The shower pressure is weak. The bed is very comfortable. There is an outdoor pool which we did not have an opportunity to use but looked clean and well maintained. There is a bistro in the hotel with the standard Courtyard breakfast items, sandwiches, and Starbucks offerings. The employees at the bistro are very helpful,and efficient. It is my second time staying here and I would return again.

1 Thank Jeana P
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear Jeana P,

Thank you for the nice review and for staying at the Courtyard Santa Rosa! I am glad you found our location convenient and our staff friendly. We too are excited about our newly renovated rooms. We generally have good water pressure so if you have a moment to share your room number with me, we will have that checked. I'd like to say the glass barn door separating the guest room from the vanity area was my idea - so I am happy you like it. I look forward to sharing your compliment to our Bistro Staff with them and to your return.

-Max

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Mount Vernon, New York
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This was my second time staying at this hotel. It is currently being renovated, and it looks very nice so far. The rooms are clean and look classy, though the designer should have thought through the shower a bit more - it has one glass door, and in order to turn on the water, you have to stand in the shower, so there's no way to avoid getting hit with cold water when you turn it on. But it looks pretty! The pool is small but comfortable. The breakfast (not included) was OK, but I'd recommend walking a couple of blocks to one of many choices downtown. The hotel is very quiet; there is no noticeable noise from downtown Santa Rosa.

Dear Katie C,

It is great to hear you like our newly renovated rooms and location. It is always reassuring to know our rooms are clean. Our team works very hard at this. Thank you for staying with us, sharing your kind words and we look forward to your return.

Bayside, California, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is my first time back since the rooms have been renovated, and the changes are nice. Our room with a king bed had a nice shower without a tub; our sons' room with two beds had a tub and shower, and also had a nice privacy door between the bed area and the sink area. When I walked into our room, I was impressed with the upgrades.
I love this location, as it is walking distance to many restaurants. I will be staying here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you, Paula, for staying and taking the time to write such a wonderful review about the Courtyard Santa Rosa. I am glad to know you like our new features in the rooms and our location. We look forward to serving you again. Please contact me any time I may be of service.

Portland
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I recently spent 3 nights at this hotel and it was a very pleasant experience. The room I stayed in was one of the recently updated ones and it was very nice. It had new carpeting, linens, upgraded TV and was very clean. The only change I would have liked would have been more bathroom sink space. They have the sink separated from the shower area and have added an above counter sink to the space, which is very attractive, but it definitely takes away from the usable counter space.

The first room I stayed in only had a shower and they were very accommodating the next day to change me to a room with a bathtub.

They had computer for guests to use and the Bistro was available in the lobby which made it very convenient for morning coffee.

The location was very convenient. It was only a short walk across the street to the dining and shopping of Rail Road Square as well as a large mall. The front desk gave us a map showing the restaurants as well as making suggestions which turned out to be excellent.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again for a visit to Santa Rosa.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the freeway side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear PortlandPhyl,

Thank you for your recent stay and informing people of your great experience at the Courtyard Santa Rosa. It is reassuring that you liked our newly renovated rooms and our guest service. We look forward to serving you again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Our group of 25 spent 3 nights in Santa Rosa during May. We have stayed before at the Hilton, which is a nicer hotel in some respects, but the Courtyard is a better location within easy walking distance of downtown or the historic railroad district. We were given newly renovated rooms which are spacious and comfortable, perfect for a 3 night stay. The staff were very impressive for a moderately priced hotel, very professional and they went out of their way to make our stay a good one. We would definitely reccomend it for a visit to Santa Rosa.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear HDONTOUR57

Thank you and your entire group for staying with us and for taking the time to write about your wonderful experience. It's nice to know our staff impressed you. We do appreciate your recommending the Courtyard Santa Rosa. Please contact me any time I may be of service.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The location was great. Found the room to be a good size, bed was very comfortable.Yes there were alterations going on, but we were not inconvenienced by any house etc.
We were very handy to all the food establishments.
The staff were most friendly and helpful.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Sharon J,

Thank you for your recent stay and the compliment to our staff and facilities. We are proud of our renovation and look forward to showing your the finished product upon your return.

Secaucus, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were there for a wedding that was held at a Vineyard. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean. We were in a newly renovated room that was fine. This hotel was also well situated so we could enjoy local sites without having to drive too far given the other events we participated in. An easy walk to downtown as well.Be sure to have a meal at Flavors in Santa Rosa when staying at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Eydie S
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Eydie,

We greatly enjoyed having the wedding group stay with us and thank you for your business. It is always reassuring to learn our staff is doing especially well and you approve of our renovated rooms. I hope you have another happy occasion to visit us again.