“First Courtyard Stay”

Courtyard Santa Rosa
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was out first stay at a Courtyard Marriott, so we did not know what to expect. After arriving and seeing our room, we were pleasantly surprised. While Courtyard is a less expensive brand for Marriott, we honestly felt that we had made a very good choice insofar as our accomodations were concerned. Everything we needed was there and the staff was efficient and very helpful.

The location was terrific for buzzing around Santa Rosa and a great hub for tour the Napa and Sonoma areas. We were never more than half and hour from the wineries we wanted to visit and mere minutes from the restaurants and shoipping of Santa Rosa.

One thing, the hotel offers breakfast. It is a little pricy but a good bet if you are pressed for time. If not, there are some great spots moments away. We did both and have to say we preferred hoping in the car and trying out some of the places Santa Rosa has to offer.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Kkhimmn,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard Santa Rosa. What manager wouldn't cherish a review like the one you gave us. It is reassuring to learn that we made your first impression of Courtyard a good one! We take pride our guest service and our updated facilities. I'm glad we met your needs and it is guests like yourselves that help make it the wonderful place to work that it is.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had made reservations the night before. We arrived late and had no problem checking in. The receptionist had guests that are Marriott members spin their "wheel of fortune" and win points. We won 1000 points on our Marriott account. Fun! The hotel is located near downtown and right across the street from the historic Railroad Square. We could just walk across the street and we were there. Very interesting area and there you can find Snoopy with Charlie Brown and his girlfriend Lucy in the square near the railroad station. The hotel room was average, but very comfortable. We had a King suite and it was very nice. We also ordered a burger from their cafe in the lobby area, which was very good. The staff in the reception area and also at the cafe were very nice and friendly. Very easy to connect to their WiFi. We enjoyed our stay here and the bed was very comfortable. We had a very good nights sleep, which was good since we were going to be on the road all the next day. We didn't use the pool or spa, but it looked very nice and well maintained. Their prices are average for what you get. If we are back in this area, we will surely stay here again.

1  Thank HappyTravellers20105

Dear Cseanmc,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay over the summer. I am glad our location worked well and that you found our staff accommodating. We embrace the bicycle community and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and it was pretty good! We requested the top floor and it was great! While we have stayed at many Marriott Courtyards, this one was OK, with the room being on par with many 4 and 5 Marriotts and I believe this is a 3 so you are good to go there. Only downside seems to be the bar area or lack of. Nothing much to write about here and the "common" area is nothing much but room was great and bathroom more than adequate and clean.

1  Thank CRiiver
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here twice on two different Sonoma weekend trips. The courtyard is modern and the location is convenient. Also, there is a flying goat coffee shop nearby for amazing coffee and a breakfast treat. Lodging options all over Sonoma area can be very expensive and the courtyard is a good value. We are from the Bay Area and it's not too far away but it is after a long day of wine tasting. Last minute, we still got a room at a good value. This location was about 15-20minutes from the vineyards we were visiting. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

1  Thank Yen C

Dear YenC,

Thank you for your stay with the Courtyard Marriott Santa Rosa over the summer. We value your business and the gift you left us in your review. I am glad you enjoyed our guest service and your experience. We look forward to having you back for yet another trouble free stay.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights. The staff were very helpful. I was stressed about my bicycle arriving via Fed Ex. They called me to let me know when it arrived. We asked for a refrigerator, this is not standard, and we had one in our room within minutes. There was no extra charge.

I used the gym twice and so did my husband, different times, different days. It was a bit crowded at the time you would expect, morning, a few hours before check out. But I only waited a few minutes for a machine. It was clean and did not smell.

The room was a good size as we had a lot of gear. The bathroom was large.

On nights 3 and 4, a Friday and Saturday, we had VERY noisy neighbors in the next room and the hall was noisy. We called the front desk and within minutes they had someone up to speak to the noisy party. After that it was better.

The business center was in the lobby, very easy to use. Wi-Fi in the rooms was fast and no problems.

The food available at the restaurant was not healthy enough for my taste, looking at the menu, so we did not eat there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michele W

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. The title of the review does not reflect all the nice things said about the hotel. I do regret the noisy neighbors and am glad they were quieted quickly for you. I hope you will consider us again for a trouble free stay.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Unfortunately the Courtyard did not have availability for my group coming up this Labor Day weekend, but I spoke to Charmaine who was extremely helpful in pointing me in a different direction to a resource that could potentially help me further. Of all the other hotels I have called today (all so far are sold out for groups), she was the only one who proactively gave me a different, viable option. Because of this, I will be calling this property first next time I am in town. Thanks so much, Charmaine!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Dear Kwansy,

Thank you for taking the time to write about the great service you received from Charmaine. She often goes above and beyond to assist people and I am glad that it was so well received by you. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Best regards,
-Max Childs

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I and an associate had a two-night stay at this hotel, and had a very comfortable stay. Check-in was very quick, and the clerk was very helpful and cheery following our long travel day. She called up to our room within a half-hour to ask if we had everything we needed, and if the room was to our liking. It was an extra step that was very appreciated.

I was also very happy that their "shop" had a nice variety of snacks and frozen dinners (such as Stouffers), as I hadn't an opportunity to eat dinner.

The room was clean and spacious, as was the bathroom, and the shower offered nice hot water, although the showerhead was very high up (I'm sure those who are 6' or better really appreciate it). There was a refrigerator, microwave, toiletries, writing desk, lounge with ottoman, armoire with flatscreen TV. The hotel offered free WiFi, and had ice machines and soda machine on each floor near the elevators. There was breakfast service (which I did not partake), and an afternoon wine tasting and appetizer social hour (this is Sonoma County, after all!).

Overall, this proved to be a very comfortable stay for the business traveler.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ladyfern31
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Ladyfern,

Thank you for your recent stay and the fabulous review you gave about it! It is guest like yourselves that make working here such a delight! I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope you will visit us again soon.

Max Childs