“Wedding Reception & Baby Shower Dinner/Dance”

Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My niece's wedding reception/baby shower was held at this resort and it was quite delightful. She had a sit down dinner and dancing for 200; the room was plenty large enough, the food (a Mexican buffet) was hot and delicious; the catering and bar staff were very helpful and pleasant. The rooms at the resort were fairly standard but clean and large - we had a king bed with a pull out sofa that three of us stayed in comfortably. The bathroom was large and clean. 30 of us met for breakfast the following morning in the café and they handled our large party, even though they did not know we were coming, very efficiently.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank sfitzgibbons
Don H, Front Office Manager at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2016

Thank you for your review Sfitzgibbons. We're eagerly awaiting your return.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at this resort as part of a McDougal 10 day package so I've little perspective on price or value. Being accustomed to the (somewhat antiseptic) polish of high-end hotel chains and resorts we were a bit taken aback by the place with its odd Penuts comic statues and rotating neon flamingo. On arrival we were given a room on the first floor that was incredibly claustrophobic and super-hot, almost like a sauna. When I went to the desk to request a different room the clerk seemed inclined to believe I was exaggerating but gave me a different room up one floor in the same wing. As there is no elevator he was nice enough to come back with me to help us bring up our bags - and check out the room to see what was up. He agreed that it was unbearably hot. Upstairs, the new room was much more spacious but just as hot. Fortunately, unlike the first room it had a door which opened onto a balcony which we were able to open up for a time till the temperature got down to normal. He said they had raised the thermostats to help dry the drapes that had just been steam cleaned. After the thermostat was fixed we had no further problems with the room, but reflected that we would have been very unhappy with the smaller first floor room had we stayed there the entire time. There seems to be a good deal of variation between the rooms, so one might do well to request a larger one with a balcony. We had a room facing away from the pool in the center and it was fine, the view was of a redwood in an island in the parking area. It was quite nice from the second floor, but the first floor rooms look directly out on the level of the cars and headlights shine in. I imagine you would have to keep your drapes drawn most of the time. Inward facing rooms would likely be best. The promanade around the pool area is quite pleasant and has mature plantings that were particularly lovely when we were there - lots of things in bloom, including the Magnolia trees. The bathrooms were fine though not the newest, the beds were very comfortable and had plenty of pillows. The location is within walking distance of a large supermarket and drug store, local restaurants and etc. Overall, we found our stay here pleasant and comfortable.

Room Tip: Make sure to secure and inward-facing or second story room with balcony to avoid problems with noise...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you Travlelf. We're thrilled you could stay at our hotel during the McDougall Seminar. We're hoping to see you again, next time you visit Wine Country.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

My experience was wonderful.
Michael at the front desk was the best. It was my birthday and so he gave me an upgrade. Ruth also was wonderful. The lounge is really nice and the bands are also good.
I made the reservation through otel.com and it wasn't what I thought it was but Michael took care of it.
Would not use otel.com again. But definitely going back to The Flamingo.

Ann
Ukiah, CA

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you Lakehog for your review. We're hoping to see you very soon on another Birthday.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was really looking forward to my day at the Flamingo. I was invited by a friend to go for the day. I had a manicure and pedicure, then met my friends at the pool. There wasn't a place to change, as guests at the pool aren't allowed to use the locker rooms. I wound up changing in the bathroom with my kids. Not very comfortable. I expected better.

We had cocktails and lunch by the pool. They had a cute bar set up selling ice cream, but not for pool guests, only guests of the hotel. So my kids couldn't have ice cream. The whole set up was just ridiculous. If the pool is set up as a restaurant, great. If it is set up as a private club, fine. Make a decision. We spent a very awkward, uncomfortable day in a place that is supposed to be a leader in the hospitality field? Yuck. We wouldn't go back again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank RBRibbons
FlamingoManager, Front Office Manager at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear RBRibbins,
Thank you so much for coming to the Montecito Heights Health Club and Spa for your spa treatments. Our Flamingo Pool is exclusively for members of the Montecito Heights Health Club and guests of the Flamingo Hotel. We are sorry for any confusion as to the exclusiveness of our pool and we hope you give us another chance and stay with us in the future.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I gave this place 4 stars cause I got such a good deal via Priceline. If I had to give it a room rating I would say 3.5 stars. While I wouldn't describe this hotel as luxurious it did meet all our needs and I would stay there again. The room was clean, decent sized, the bed was comfortable, and the towels were thick. We were just there to shower & sleep and didn't use the hotel amenities but did walk around the premises. The interior courtyard area was nice with a large heated pool and a jacuzzi. There was a restaurant on the property but we didn't eat there. The only thing I didn't like was that the rooms do not have a door chain on the interior. As said earlier I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you Gdude7. Valuable feedback like yours is key to our success. Our hotel has undergone many renovations since your stay. We'd love for you to come and check them out.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

This was a large complexy type hotel. Myself and friends had booked a total of 3 rooms over the Food and Wine Affaire Weekend in Sonoma. It served as a great home base. Had a little bar/club type place to hang out at night, a pool w/ hot tub too. The room was adequate - clean, comfy, and functional.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary B
Don H, Public Relations Manager at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2016

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We'd love to see you back in wine country.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Sonoma Fairgrounds during the Heirloom Expo and was not disappointed. The hotel is also close to many wineries, Jack London's Beauty Ranch and Bodega Bay. Lots to see in the area!
The room was comfortable and the staff very accommodating.
The dinner entrees in the restaurant were delicious and the wait staff attentive. Unfortunately, that was not the case for breakfast. Random food was brought to my table and the wait staff pretty much forgot me. After this occurred twice during my stay I ate breakfast out.
Even with the disappointing breakfasts, the rest of the stay made up for it. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Naturespeak

We're happy to be your base when you're visiting the Sonoma County Fairgrounds. We're the premier place to stay when visiting The Harvest Festival, Toy-Con, The Emerald Cup, and don't forget the Sonoma County Fair!