“Wish I'd had more time”

Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was happy when I found this was the Hotel assigned from Priceline. However, I was a little trepidus after reading some online reviews. However, upon arrival, was greeting promptly and pleasantly and check in was easy. When I got to my room, I checked the dead bolts on both doors. The bolt on one door didn't close completely. Being a female, traveling alone, this is important to me. However, knowing I was a Priceline client made me hesitate to call the front desk. I called. Michael was wonderful and said he would get me another room. I told him i'd come up to the front desk and change keys. He said I didn't have to do that, he'd come to me. Within a few minutes, he arrived. We tested the lock. Though it worked, it wasn't completely as it should be, and he said he'd contact maintenance. He had keys for new room for me.. as we were leaving, he took my luggage and said he would be happy to handle it for me. We went to the new room. Once there, he checked both deadbolts to assure they worked, and then returned to the front desk. This was TRUE customer service in practice. As far as the room....you have to keep in mind when this hotel was built. Yes, the bathroom is small, that's how it was in the 50's!! They have done an excellent job in updating. The room was average size. Small 1/2 round brown small spot on comforter, all pillowcases had marks on them. Odd fuzz showing on side of bed. Upon looking under the bad, it was underlayment of the bedding shredding and falling. Bed was nice and large, average comfort. I just wish I'd had more time to explore the property. 3.5 stars? No. Historical ambiance - 5 stars. I would have loved to see one of the rooms in the original state...not that I'd want to stay in it, but love the history.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TLC9999
Don H, Front Office Manager at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2016

Thank you very much for you very kind review. We hope to see you soon. We're happy we were able to solve that issue to your satisfaction. When can we see you again TLC9999?

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

It's just like go camping with family. The rooms of us all were in one building with 2 above and 2 below. Fortunately, I stayed in the room below cause I have bulky and heavy baggage. Fresh air in the morning with scenic views gave us some kind of nature-lover feeling. A la cart breakfast was good. I ordered Avocado omellete which I have never seen but it tasted GOOD...Thanks to kind senior lady staff who advised us.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay. We're just as beautiful in 2016!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the end of August. The outside of the place is definitely dated, but our room was large, clean and very comfortable. We really enjoyed the little bar area overlooking the pool. We were there for a couple of happy hours, one breakfast and one dinner. The food was good and the setting was beautiful. We found all of the staff very friendly and extremely helpful. The front desk people provided us with directions, and recommendations. The staff out in the bar/outside eating area were great for helping us decide what to do in Santa Rosa. Thomas, the Restaurant Manager, actually planned a perfect night out for us, hitting all the hot spots to eat and drink and then ending up back at the hotel at their nightclub for a bit of dancing with a great band (I wish I could remember the band's name!!) The hotel is only a short, inexpensive cab ride from the centre of Santa Rosa. Only complaint is that this hotel still charges for wi-fi - $7.00 per device, per day. Travelling with a lap top and two phones, that could have gotten really expensive! We just used the free wi-fi at all the bars and restaurants in town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay with us. When can we see you again?

Reviewed October 31, 2013

we recently stayed here and it was for one night. there are too many choices so i would think twice before I'd stay here again. quiet room but outdated and rather pricey. my husband said the breakfast was pretty bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank ddrob

Good day Ddrob. Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We've hired a brand new chef, and now our hotel is known all over the county for its breakfast/brunch options. We'd love to invite you back to stay in an Executive King next time. The newer building might meet more with your expectation. Thanks again for commenting. Your feedback is key to us meeting our hospitality standards.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed one night through a Groupon deal for $129. The rooms have been newly renovated and are comfortable. If you like a bathtub, be sure to request. I was disappointed to know after check in that we only had a shower. I would skip the restaurant and go elsewhere as the menu was pretty basic and the wait staff unenthusiastic.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review of your stay with Groupon. We have many types of rooms. Many with showers and many with tubs. We're sorry we obviously didn't realize your preference. We are always happy to switch around and get you what you'd prefer. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were a little concerned after landing this hotel on Priceline, but it turned out to be very good. It's slightly dated, but the bed was good, the staff was friendly and the lounge was a very fun place on the weekend. It's apparent that they're doing upgrades to it and the patio/pool area is as good as anywhere you'll find. Overall, we were very happy with it and it was much more reasonably priced than most comparable place.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Pros: good location, nice beds, good quality towels, free parking, small fridge in the closet, relatively quiet (could change based on who your neighbor is), free winery visit coupons available

Cons: $6.99 per device/per day charge for Internet, $12.00 per day charge for the spa
so two people with two Internet connections and two spa visits = +$38 per day charge added on. It might be a great gym but for $12.00 I'll skip it.

It has several spread out buildings. A big place that's starting to show its age. Lots of hallways and staircases; easy to get lost. A long distance to one of the few ice machines. No elevators. No microwave. Small bathroom - more than one person at a time is a squeeze. Fairly basic cable, no HBO.

Our room had an unusual second door that led to the parking lot. You open the door next to your bed and there's the staircase leading outside. May be a safety issue.

We booked this through Priceline. I would guess that because it is such a big place if you bid for a three star hotel in this area you may well get the Flamingo. It seems to be set up for large conferences and meetings so you may run into a crowd. The front desk didn't seem to be operating too efficiently but they were friendly. I would stay somewhere else next time like the Hilton Sonoma Wine Country which is a lot better. This is not a place I would want to pay anywhere near the regular rate to stay at.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple