Pros: good location, nice beds, good quality towels, free parking, small fridge in the closet, relatively quiet (could change based on who your neighbor is), free winery visit coupons available
Cons: $6.99 per device/per day charge for Internet, $12.00 per day charge for the spa
so two people with two Internet connections and two spa visits = +$38 per day charge added on. It might be a great gym but for $12.00 I'll skip it.
It has several spread out buildings. A big place that's starting to show its age. Lots of hallways and staircases; easy to get lost. A long distance to one of the few ice machines. No elevators. No microwave. Small bathroom - more than one person at a time is a squeeze. Fairly basic cable, no HBO.
Our room had an unusual second door that led to the parking lot. You open the door next to your bed and there's the staircase leading outside. May be a safety issue.
We booked this through Priceline. I would guess that because it is such a big place if you bid for a three star hotel in this area you may well get the Flamingo. It seems to be set up for large conferences and meetings so you may run into a crowd. The front desk didn't seem to be operating too efficiently but they were friendly. I would stay somewhere else next time like the Hilton Sonoma Wine Country which is a lot better. This is not a place I would want to pay anywhere near the regular rate to stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic Landmark located between Sonoma Valley Wineries and downtown Santa Rosa, walking distance to upscale Shopping Montgomery Village, 5 restaurants, 24 hr CVS Pharmacy and Safeway/Starbucks. Full service affordable Destination Resort with 8 treatment rooms Spa featuring a Couples Massage, facials, manicure, pedicure, Vichy Body Scrub,2 Olympic size Outdoor heated Pools, 5 Tennis Courts with Pro, 8,000 Sq ft Montecito Heghts Health Club with child care, personal trainers, Indoor Cycle and Warm Yoga Studios,Free Parking, 170 rooms including 13 Pool view Suites,newly remodeled Executive Kings,Pet friendly rooms upon request,Family rooms-3-4 beds; all non Smoking rooms with mini refrigerators, King or dbl-dbl size beds, complimentary Wine and Cheese tasting every Friday 5-7pm, Poolside Dining, Lounge with nightly entertainment- dancing on weekends, Salsa Sundays,3-6pm Happy Hour,2 Bars,Healthy menu choices, Sunday Champagne Brunch, 15 function rooms 15,000 sq ft of function space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Conference Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Resort Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Hotel Santa Rosa
- Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County