Hotel La Rose(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
$269
$270
$244
GardenInn.com
$259
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Garden Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
$200
$209
$190
Sandman(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
$259
$220
Sandman Hotel
$289
North Bay Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
$123
$116
Redwood Inn(Santa Rosa)
$115
$484
$464
All reviewsfountain groveequus restaurantwine countrythe hotel's restaurantbreakfast buffetwine tastingkeurig coffee makerwould stay here againking roomsonoma countyeasy accesscomfy bedthe room was nicechrismoranowineriesconcierge
Reviewed December 7, 2009

My wife and I spent a three day weekend at the Fountaingrove Inn. Typically, we stay at the Hilton located on the hill directly above the Fountaingrove, but this time, it was the Fountaingrove that accepted our bid through priceline. This was our third stay at the Fountaingrove as well as stays at several other hotels in the area; so, we do have a good idea of what is available by comparison.

The room and bathroom were large enough and appeared to be spotless. It was convenient having a small fridge in the room for snacks and drinks, and the other amenities, which were standard for a 3 star hotel, were all in good working order. The toiletries were of good quality, and while the linens were not spectacular, they were above average for a hotel. The front desk clerk at check-out and check-in was both friendly and efficient. A nice bonus was a wine tasting at the hotel on Friday night. The wine presented by Gloria Ferrer, both still and sparkling, was pleasant and the tasting provided an opportunity to socialize with some of the other guests at the hotel.

Now for the bad. I said the room appeared to be clean. Well after walking around the room in socks, it became apparent that a good shampooing of the carpets was definitely in order. You could see the wear in the well traveled hall carpeting,and I have no problem with that, but the carpeting in the rooms should not only be clean to the eye, but should be truly clean. My second gripe is something that I doubt the hotel has any control over, the showerhead. It was a low flow showerhead, undoubtedly required by local ordinance, that provided what amounted to a damp spray of air. I've talked about this before with my wife, but I may just start packing a real showerhead when I travel. Finally, the WiFi was spotty at best. I eventually gave up and took my lap top along with me when I went to get a mocha in the morning and used the WiFi available at the coffee shop.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lumbergh21
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Everything about this Hotel was 1st class...Service was AWESOME! Peaceful, quiet surroundings...nice property, very clean...employees couldn't do enough for you!!!
Would Definitely return w/my husband & found out pets are allowed, as well! (GREAT BONUS!!!) LOVED the Whole experience there!!!

Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank kcgilly
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Yep, second time staying here, liked it both times. I really like the location, just 35 min. from downtown calistoga - and cheaper than staying in the Napa Valley. It is also just 25 min from Healdsburg area (including Dry Creek). Rooms are comfortable but average. Not a great luxury stay but nice. Restraunt on property, but there are a ton of great places to eat around here. My recommend is Willeys Wine bar not even 10 min up the road from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jtripping
Reviewed October 28, 2009

we enjoyed the stay at this hotel. Average value for the price. the room was clean and comfortable. the on-site lounge/restaurant had great happy hour specials. travelers should know this hotel is located on a busy intersection 4-5 miles from the very nice downtown area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TarHeelTourer
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I've stayed at the Fountaingrove many times over many years, typically 6-10 times a year. It has gone through various room remodeling and changes, but remains a quiet and comfortable inn, with friendly staff, convenient location, nice rooms and an excellent adjoining restaurant/bar (so-so breakfast but great lunch and dinner).

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business