“This hotel was perfect for access to wine country, restauants and it was quiet and peaceful.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fountaingrove Inn

Fountaingrove Inn
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

This hotel worked out perfectly for us in every way. We needed a room to acommodate three adults (mom, dad and adult son). We had great access to all of wine country and restaurants. It was generally quiet and a nice place to return home to; it felt very pastoral looking out to the field and red barn! The hotel was clean and service was great. The pool was a nice refresher after a long day of touring. Best of all, I felt that the value was great compared to other hotels.

• Stayed June 2009
1 Thank Kaylyn09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Bothell, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

We arrived late at night and when we checked in we were told that they had a room with one king bed for us. I told them that I had called and confirmed two queen beds; the person at the front desk was really great he got us the room we wanted. We were also really hungry so he directed us to a few places that were open 24 hours. Our room was very clean, it was nice and big and we had a little fridge in room which was great for wine and snacks. We were on the main floor so i expected it to be noisy but it wasn't all that bad. We got a great rate on Expedia, I had to call in to make the reservation because I couldn't remember my password and I got another $30.00 discount for having to call. We got 3 nights for under $280.00 a bargain in that area for such a nice place. We didn't eat at the hotel restaurant, but I heard it is really good. The location was great a for visiting wine country we spent one day in Sonoma and one day in Napa . The staff was really great, we asked for directions, maps and even a cork screw and they were happy to help us with all of our requests. They also had a computer with a printer in the lobby, which was great for printing out boarding passes and coupons. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank lptsoccer
Anaheim CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2009

We have stayed at the Fountaingrove twice - once in 2003 to attend a wedding there and once in February of 2007 when visiting relatives. The first stay was OK. The room was clean and nice, but not really worth the high price. But it was for a wedding and we were with the wedding party, so little choice there. In 2007 we chose to stay there because we were travelling with our two dogs and it was recommended on dogfriendly.com. Despite the fact that the power was out for most of our stay due to a traffic accident, we enjoyed it. Our room was large and luxurious. The dogs were fine. The staff was helpful. We decided this would be our place of choice the next time we returned to Santa Rosa. In March of 2009, we did return to Santa Rosa, but found that the Fountaingrove no longer accepts pets. We were disappointed, but that made it impossible to stay there. Instead, we stayed at the Best Western Garden Inn. It's not as fancy, but they are set up very nicely for people with pets and encourage it. So - sorry Fountaingrove, but we won't be there any more.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dlAnaheim
N. California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

A one night stay through Hotwire -- $65($78 after tax), which was an excellent value. Check in was quick and smooth. I asked for the quietest room available and got 107 which was below ground level at the rear parking lot which was very quiet. Decent sized room, large bed. Ate at the Equus. With wine it was expensive. Limited but good vegetarian selections in a subdued lighting atmosphere. We enjoyed it. Nice to have it right on site.

BEST THING: In almost all my reviews I complain about being charged for internet. So good for the Fountaingrove. Free wireless! Boot up and you are online. No hassle.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmstravel
sacramento,california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

I spent one week here on business. The location is good located right off 101 and near restaurants and shopping. The hotel appears to have been recently renovated with earth tones throughout. The rooms are large with wonderful beds and linens. Bathrooms are marble and spacious. The staff was helpful and responded courteously to all requests. Cleanliness was excellent. The Hotel features a restaurant, bar and exercise facility. I had breakfast and an excellent dinner at Equus. A little pricey; but good. Despite proximity to the freeway, the rooms were quiet during the week. My one disappointment was the in room TV system. They use a hoel network that is clunky with no TV guide on it. They did not have HBO which was disappointing and first run movies were outrageous at $13.99 each. Other than that I had a great stay. Paid $71 a night which is well below listed price.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank lovesitaly96
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2009

The hotel is in good condition, and kept well. Rooms were clean and fairly new. Lobby is very stylish for a roadside hotel. Staff was a bit distant and sometimes unfriendly. Service was average at best, but I was there for wine tasting and good food, so it didn't impact my stay to a large degree. The hotel restaurant is decent, food is good quality, staff was again just average. However for the price (around $110 per night) is was a good value. Very well located to get to Dry Creek Valley, Russian River Valley, and Sonoma Valley wineries. About 45 minutes to Napa, but very neat scenic roads. Also try to get up to Healdsburg, a great small town.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank Will B
Santa Rosa, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2009

The Fountaingrove is a beautiful property even if it is a little close for comfort to a busy intersection. Noise has only been a problem during peak rush hour the few times I've stayed here.

I think I will begin checking Priceline - after seeing what I've been paying and what the other shoppers have I wish I had tried that sooner! The only other note I'd like to make is that below someone stated it's 1 exit from Syrah - while it's not a long drive it's more like 3-4 exits (Guerneville, College and then the Downtown Exit where Syrah is).

I do wish they still had their complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple