“Wonderful Boutique Hotel with excellent customer service!”
Review of Fountaingrove Inn

Fountaingrove Inn
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
California
“Wonderful Boutique Hotel with excellent customer service!”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights recently and had a nice stay.The staff was exceptional from all of the front desk people,Andrew the manager,bell man and maids.They worked to make our stay as pleasant as they could.The bed was really comfortable which was really important.The location of inn was great as well.We could go back and forth to where we needed to go in no time.The breakfast was good thought the service in the restaurant needs major improvement.Kudos goes to Ruth,head of housekeeping,for mailing us a charger back that we had left in the wall.Thank you for that.We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
jhayman79, General Manager at Fountaingrove Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear MichiSachi,

Thank you for the great review!

Your commendation of the staff is appreciated - I'll be sure to share with them. We look forward to your next visit to Sonoma Wine Country and the Fountaingrove Inn!

Justin Hayman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We booked our room for a weekend getaway. It was a Saturday night & the hotel was fully booked. The lobby was bustling with families but I did not need to wait long to check in. The girl who assisted me was very pleasant & efficient, we were on our way down the hall to our room within just a few minutes. When we entered the room, it was very clean and decorated nicely. We had our two small kiddos with us on this adventure & normally we find that King rooms give us enough space for the 4 of us, but this one was a bit on the small side. After a short while, I decided to go to the front desk to see if there were any larger rooms available. I knew they were packed but I thought I'd give it a try. I asked the girl who checked us in and she said that they were completely booked and didn't have anything available, but just then the manager walked up (he had overheard our convo) He said, "Let me see what I can do" He clicked around on the computer for a couple minutes and ended up finding a much larger King room with a pull-out sofa for us. I'm not sure what he did, but I was so excited and fully expected to pay extra for it. However, he told me it was a complimentary upgrade and that he wanted us to be comfortable. I was so impressed! We moved over to it right away and what a difference! It fit us perfectly. Everyone was very pleased with the room. It had a refrigerator and a microwave (which comes in handy with kids & their snacks) a desk, comfy couch and spacious bathroom. The bed was also very comfortable and we slept well that night.
The kids enjoyed the outdoor pool though that area is definitely in need of a renovation. Some of tiles in the jacuzzi were missing and most of jets didn't work, the pool was a decent size but it didn't have steps, just a ladder, so my 3 year old wasn't able to get in until I did. It also wasn't heated so it was a chilly for me, but that's not a big deal. The kids certainly didn't mind.
We didn't eat at the restaurant, so I can't comment on that. We opted to take the very short drive into town instead. The hotel is in a good central location, close to the highway. It's a good place to stay when visiting Sonoma wine country.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mecruz
Dear Mecruz,

Thank you for the exceptional review!

It's great seeing that you and your family enjoyed your stay recently.

With respect to our pool, I have staff looking into the items you've mentioned. Thank you for pointing these out!

Troy, Michigan, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Location: Easy access by freeway, not very walkable neighborhood however.

Service: Great service, people are very friendly. Orange-infused water at lobby. Occasional wine-tasting at the lobby.

Decor: Nice & comfortable, country style charm.

Room: Big room, nice amenities.

Breakfast: Great breakfast with good selection of fruit, hot choices, yogurt, juice etc.

Family friendly, leisure-oriented.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Knapweed
Dear Knapweed,

Thank you for sharing this great review on Trip Advisor!

I am delighted you enjoyed your visit, and will be sure to share your feedback with the staff!

Eureka, California
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed two nights to attend a business meeting. My room was very large. Everything was clean, and staff at the hotel and restaurant were very friendly and accommodating. I ordered breakfast from the menu - eggs and bacon on one day, and oatmeal the other. Both were excellent, and the oatmeal came with brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, and fresh berries on the side. During the mid-afternoon I wanted a late lunch - the restaurant was closed, but I was able to order food at the bar, which I took back to my room - beet salad with shrimp - delicious. I would stay here again. FYI I had a discount due to the meeting I was attending, so did not pay full rate.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear dr-mary-bw,

Thank you for the excellent 5 star review!

We certainly appreciate the positive feedback on the hotel, staff, and food. We look forward to having you back as our guest again very soon!

Millbrae, California
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Just spent a family weekend here to visit Safari West. The location is good and easy to get to.

The Good: Every single employee that we encountered is 5 star worthy. Everyone at the front desk was very cheerful and happy. It is always a nice sign when you are greeted with a smile. We spent a good amount of time in the pool and it was nice that the water was not freezing cold. The spa temperature was perfect.

The not-so-good: The property needs updating. The pool and spa has cracked tile and needs a good scrubbing and/or plaster needs replacing. There are planters in the second floor that are empty .... this looks like an unfinished project. The hallways need better lighting. When we opened the door to our room, it had an "old hotel" smell to it.

In summary, service was outstanding but the property itself really needs to be maintained better. For the cost per night (we stayed 2-nights), we expect better. If the property is maintained better, I would definitely be back. Until then, I'll have to find different accommodations for our next Santa Rosa vacation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the street if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Imelda V
jhayman79, General Manager at Fountaingrove Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Imelda V,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor!

Your fantastic comments about the staff and service are well received - I'll be sure to share your review with our team.

I appreciate you pointing out a few areas in need of attention. Both are fixable and will be addressed.

Again, thank you for posting and we hope to see you again soon!

San Francisco
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Pros:
- room & bathroom was large (Jr. Suite was only room type left to purchase)

Cons:
- unsecured bldg and pool area (police came to arrest a drunk nonguest at the pool)
- room overpriced for what you get ($160)
- uncomfortable bed & pillows
- mangy looking carpet in room and hallways
- Yes, the vanity was large, but tiny mirrors above sinks
- cold pool. too much chlorine in hot tub

This place is just sad. The lobby is nice looking. The rooms are nothing like the lobby. The staff were a little thick in addressing our concerns, the manager was more receptive.

Recommend: Best Western in Healdsburg (Tuscan rooms) or Windrose Romantic Cottages in Windsor

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ForTheExperience
jhayman79, General Manager at Fountaingrove Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear UA_Girl,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent visit. I am very sorry we didn't meet your expectations. Our management team is currently looking into and addressing the issues you've outlined.

I do hope you'll consider us again in the future, and again, appreciate your feedback.

New Bern, North Carolina
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I booked this room through hotwire. I found the location to be convenient for exploring wineries near Santa Rosa. The room was nice and clean was in very good condition. Service was great. Enjoyed the cafe for happy hour and snacks. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
jhayman79, General Manager at Fountaingrove Inn, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Richard D,

Thank you for sharing this great review with the Trip Advisor crowd! Your positive feedback is certainly appreciated. We look forward to your next visit!