“Very friendly but have realistic expectations”
Review of Fountaingrove Inn

Fountaingrove Inn
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
San Francisco, CA, USA
“Very friendly but have realistic expectations”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend, getting a decent (well $250 a night) rate. Room was very nice, but there's not much to this hotel. It's like a very plush motel, just off 101 freeway, no real grounds other than the open space behind it under the Hilton, and the pool is teeny (nice hot jacuzzi though). We didn't use the restaurant other than for morning coffee but it looked nice.

What it lacks in amenities it made up in friendliness of the staff. We brought our dog ($25 a night more) and they were very nice to him (have a special print out of dog friendly activities) and they couldn't have been nicer at advising and steering us to restaurants and wineries. Front desk essentially was better than concierge at many 5 star hotels I've been at

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank boltyboy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stopped one night and we liked it. The room is exactly what you want after a long day driving by car. The whole hotel feels new with a great atmosphere, the room was large, the beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean.
The only downside is the location: it's perfect if you need a place right outside the highway but I thought that it was nearer to the city center. This isn't a great problem, just plan to spend some time before getting in Santa Rosa (especially with the heavy traffic on the highway that we met at every hour).
I definitively recommend this hotel if you plan to visit the region.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We were disappointed in the breakfast buffet of the hotel restaurant, which is overpriced for what you get (you're better off at one of the diners like Adel's on College Av) but other than that this place offers a good value for the location and the price point. We had a clean quite room with good quality mattresses, and good and friendly service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed at the Fountaingrove for a week during the Vineman Full triathlon. The beds were wonderfully comfortable and the rooms were very quiet. I slept perfectly before the race. The staff was great too. After the race we ordered room service and the waiter was amazingly quick. He said he knew that the rooms were filled with hungry athletes and wanted to make sure we got our food! How sweet! He even remembered me the next morning as I teetered to the car. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed July 2013
North Louisiana
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Clean, quiet, updated and the right price. Comfy beds, updated bathrooms and quiet. Great fridge in the room for snacks. Hotel lobby and pool really pretty. This place has been updated but still has lots of oak trim that give the rooms and hallways an 80s vibe. I would recommend this place based on location, cleanliness and price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Eureka, California
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stop in Santa Rosa frequently. We're in So Cal and the family is in Mendocino and Humboldt counties. This time it was the 4th of July week and everywhere we usually stay was booked.On TA I noticed The Fountaingrove still had rooms available. Their prices are higher than the discount motels, but competitive with the "Plus" places nearby. I've passed the Inn many times. Its quite small looking from the outside, if fact you might not even notice a hotel is there. Looks like offices. There is a large comfy lobby with sofas, a water wall and a very attentive staff. Off the lobby are two wings with rooms on each side (all on one floor). We booked a "garden view" room. I expected to see a garden. What you get is a view of a tall wall with a few sparse tree ferns and such. It was private but not refreshing. The wireless had a good strong signal. The coffee is yummy "pod" style! There is a restaurant right out the lobby door that serves a pricey breakfast. We didn't go swimming but they do have a small lap pool in the back. I liked here. It was nicer than most of the other places we've stayed at in SR and it has super easy on and off the 101.

Room Tip: Don't expect a real garden when booking a garden view. Private but no real garden. But better th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I look forward to traveling to Santa Rosa knowing I will stay at Fountain Grove. The staff are always very accommodating and friendly. I like that they acknowledge that I am a repeat costumer and where I prefer to stay in the hotel. The highlight for me is the pool and spa, which I think is one of the most beautiful given this type of hotel. The location is great, right off the freeway with easy on and off access. I think the breakfast is a step up from most business hotels and again the staff are friendly and helpful. We have had dinner there also and can be a bit pricy, but after a long day it's nice not to have to leave the hotel. Sometimes there is wine or stacks in the lobby and there is usually bottled water in the room or by the pool. It's in my top 10 for business hotels.

Room Tip: Get close to the pool if you plan to swim or use the spa.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business