“Great Value! Nice Rooms and Restaurant!”
Review of Fountaingrove Inn

Fountaingrove Inn
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed January 21, 2008

I saw a great deal for the Fountain Grove Inn on travelzoo.com for $89. It included a buffet breakfast for two, 20% off dinner at Equus and a bunch of coupons for complimentry tastings. The room was recently remodeled, along with the common areas of the hotel (it appeared to have been anyhow). Our room was quite large, had marble through out and a nice flat screen TV. We had a very good dinner at Equus and a decent free buffet breakfast the next day.

This was the BEST deal ever in the Sonoma wine region. I've stayed at a ton of places, and you just can't beat the deal here!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OliveOylSLO

Reviewed December 10, 2007

We booked this hotel through the name your own price feature on priceline.com. We had a winning bid of $50 which was a very good deal considering the room normally goes for twice that amount. We were very impressed by the staff, they were able to upgrade us to the spa suite when we arrived (this was an extra charge). The suite was beautiful. We loved the jacuzzi, comfortable bed, and flat screen tv. The complimentary continental breakfast was very good, hot oatmeal already prepared with raisins and brown sugar, fresh pastries, fruit, excellent coffee, bagels, etc. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tripadvaddict
Reviewed December 5, 2007

Had a one-night stay in SR to do some business on the way south down hwy. 101 to the city (SF). Having lived in SR for many years, I knew better than to get a hotel on the south side/Santa Rosa Ave, and was choosing between the Fountaingrove and chain hotel up the hill. The room was larger than expected, and very quiet. Nice bathrooms, very clean, and a slightly above-average complimentary breakfast. The price I got from the hotel website was about the same as for the HI Express across the freeway, and much lower than the chain hotel up the hill.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank seafloorscott
Reviewed August 1, 2007

This was the hotel recommended to stay at for a wedding at Hummingbird Gardens (Mark West Lodge).

We found it to be fantastic. Room was very nice, Pool area clean and comfortable. We ordered lunch to eat pool side. Excellent food from the restaurant, recommend the chicken sandwich.

Breakfast was excellent with discounted coupons.

Lounge had music which we didn't attend. But heard it was very good.

Highly recommend this to anyone. Close to wineries.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Buffy66
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Very nice hotel, very expensive hotel. Front desk clerks were very nice. This is a smaller hotel. We stayed there during a busy week-end. Apparently 3 big weddings in the area, county fair, and an event at Infenion Race Way (Sears Point). We had reservations $229 per night for Friday & Saturday. We were staying with our children ages 11 & 15. We received the keys to our room, moved the car, unpacked the car and made it to the room. The room had not yet been cleaned and the pictures were off the wall and on the floor. Somebody must have had a party the night before. I called down to the front desk and told them that our room to put it nicely obviously wasn't ready for us. It appeared to be no problem and a young gentlemen came up within about 5 minutes and brought me keys/cards for a different room. The next room was definitly ready. Very nice comfortable beds. Wifi access. Wine glasses in the room, since you are in wine country. Nice TV, and the bathroom was very nice as well. The hotel does have a $$$$resturant. However, the hotel is not in walking distance of any others. I was able to find a vending machine for soda's, but no snacks. With hungry kids after using the pool, I was forced to get room service. I am not cheap and I understand room service comes with a price. I was looking for kid friendly foods, so I ordered some chips and salsa & fries. It was only $30 with tip. All we got basically what amounted to a small chip size bag of chips. (2 order of chips and 1 order of fries.) Needless to say once we left we found a grocery store to get snacks. The rooms do have a refriegator in the closet. Over all we had good service, and a well appointed room. The halls would get a little noisey at times with people saying goodnight. We had two couples outside our neighbors room talking very loud at midnight. I guess they didn't think anybody would be sleeping at time of night. Or maybe they were looking for the party room. I don't know but it was rude. I did leave a book there. When I called to see if they found it, I had to leave a message for housekeeping. Housekeeping called me back that afternoon and said they didn't find anything. I was disappointed. However, 3 days later I received another call from housekeeping and they said they found it. The housekeeper was so busy on sunday that she forgot to turn it in. The lady said she would FedEx it to me. That was on thursday, and I am writing this review on sunday. Hopefully it will come by monday afternoon.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank HayjennnR
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Had a great stay at the Fountaingrove Inn. We were there on a bachelorette party with 15 women. They upgraded us to 850 sq ft suites which were huge! I know this is rated a 3 star hotel but is really more like a 4 star hotel. The rooms had been recently redecorated and were very nice. The services was great too. We always needed extra towels and bedding with four women in a room and they were so prompt in bringing everything (usually received it within 5 minutes!). The restaurant was very nice too although we only ate there for breakfast.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank indygirl06
Reviewed July 14, 2007

Loved this hotel! We had never been to Santa Rosa before, but I got a great rate on 2 rooms at this hotel. Hotwire rated it 3.5 stars, but I wrote them that we give it 4. At check-in, they only had one room reserved, but when I insisted I had booked 2, they gave them both to me at the 51% discount I had gotten from Hotwire, without making me go back out to the car to get my confirmation (yes, I should have brought it to the check-in, but I forgot). The rooms were
adjoining, beautiful and well appointed, with toiletries by Aveda, which is one of my favorite brands - not enough to pay extra for, but
still a nice touch! We used the pool and spa, which were well cared for, the beds were VERY comfy - and I am a princess-and-the-pea type of sleeper, and we heard no noises from other rooms - a common problem, especially during the summer months.

We didn't try the restaurant, but if I could afford to, we'd stay here frequently! Can't believe it got the same rating as the Marriott
downtown, which is very ordinary, the rooms are smaller, and the decor + amenities not nearly as well done.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Hotel La Rose
Hotel La Rose
#3 of 25 in Santa Rosa
Best Western Dry Creek Inn

Been to Fountaingrove Inn? Share your experiences!