I visited the Hilton Sonoma Wine Country hotel this past friday and decided I really needed to warn other potential guest what to expect. The hotel is in a commercial area; it is surrounded by office buildings, not wineries.
We arrived to check into our room at 5:30pm after wine tasting all day. We were told that our room was not ready for check-in and needed to be cleaned, and that although we had requested rooms in the same area, they could not accomodate our request.
So we spent an hour in the bar waiting for our rooms to be ready. One of the front desk clerks told us they would pay for our drinks while we waited, which did make up for the wait. However when we went to check out, I was told they would only cover a portion of our tab.
The Lanai (patio) we paid extra for was not private; it bordered the pool and kids ran outside out room all evening.
Dirty towels from the prior guests sat on the floor outside our room the entire time we were there.
At 200$/ night I would expect better customer service, better cleaning service and a private patio.
On the positive side, the bed and linen were very comfortable. The bar service was excellent. Unfortunately the great service did not make up for all the negative experiences we had staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Sonoma Wine Country hotel is the perfect California retreat. Set in the midst of 13 acres of private land, the hotel boasts panoramic views of the Santa Rosa Valley. Enjoy our spacious and modern guest rooms, and take advantage of complimentary local wine tastings on Friday evenings. Our stunning indoor and outdoor event space is perfect for weddings and conferences. Dine at the Nectar Restaurant & Lounge, featuring wine country cuisine, created from the finest local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Sonoma Wine Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Santa Rosa
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County