This was our third year staying at the Hilton Santa Rosa. I am torn between giving it 3 or four stars, so I will give all the pros and cons. Main issue is that this hotels needs new carpet everywhere along with an update in the rooms. We had just left the Hilton in Concord where we have stayed on many trips and they just under went an renovation. Santa Rosa really needs to check it out. It came out fantastic!!!! For this reason alone Santa Rosa does not meet up to Hilton standards in my opinion. With that being said there are some fantastic reasons to stay here. It is an absolutely fabulous location for touring wine country. You are minutes away from numerous wineries in Sonoma. A 15 minute drive to Healdsburg area. Lower Sonoma is about 20 minutes away with Napa being about 30 to 40 if you choose to do that for a day. We found the restaurant/bar to be fantastic with a wonderful patio overlooking Santa Rosa. The view was great both in the morning at breakfast and at night with all the lights from the city. We had breakfast everyday and the buffet could not have been any better!!! We also had drinks and appetizers in the evening and enjoyed them also! We never had dinner but I can say I did see the entrees and all looked enticing. They had a very nice wine tasting in the evening with cheese platters from different wineries, Merriam being our favorite! Also, had a someone playing music while the tasting was going on which added a nice touch. The service and staff was always friendly and helpful in both the lobby and restaurant. Now for the negatives, which I hate to have to talk about since i do love this hotel for all its pros! Yes, the hallways smell a bit musty. Carpets REALLY need to be changed!!!! The rooms themselves are quite comfortable and large, including the beds. But I will say again, the carpets REALLY need to be changed along with updated decor and draperies. I found the the bathroom to be quite clean, but again could use some updating. Because of the things I like about this hotel, I will give it another shot, but will have to say if the carpets get much worse it won't be an option. For this reason, it just does not live up to Hilton standards for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Sonoma Wine Country hotel is the perfect California retreat. Set in the midst of 13 acres of private land, the hotel boasts panoramic views of the Santa Rosa Valley. Enjoy our spacious and modern guest rooms, and take advantage of complimentary local wine tastings on Friday evenings. Our stunning indoor and outdoor event space is perfect for weddings and conferences. Dine at the Nectar Restaurant & Lounge, featuring wine country cuisine, created from the finest local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Hilton Sonoma Wine Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Santa Rosa
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County