My wife and our two little ones just got back from a weekend stay at the Hilton Sonoma and absolutely LOVED it! The location is easily accessible and close to seemingly everything this area has to offer. Our trip was planned somewhat last minute (our original trip to the Hilton Los Cabos had to be cancelled because my daughter came down with an acute ear infection th day before we were supposed to fly out) dose I wasn't sure where we would end up and what we would pay. Turned out to a very good deal at a property with some really great feedback. We weren't disappointed.
We originally asked for a room by the pool with two beds but were told all of the 2 queen rooms were sold out because a junior Hockey tournament was in town. To my surprise, the young lady at the front desk offered us a "king" room and a rollaway bed with an adjoining "lanai" just off the pool. We took her up on the offer and were so glad we did! It was perfect for the kids and enjoying a couple of cocktails as the sun went down. Speaking of the pool.....it was absolutely amazing. Lots of chairs, lots of umbrellas, a huge hot tub, well equipped gym, and he BEST heated pool. We also took advantage of the buffet breakfast and thought it was great. The host and servers were always kind and attentive and the food was quite good and always well stocked.
So why not 5 stars? I'm not sure it is fair to hold the hilton responsible for either of these things.....but bothe put a serious damper on our little get away weekend. The first complaint centers around all of the junior hockey kids on site (I'm guessing 10-12 yrs old) and the total recklessness with which some of them ran around the facility. I had to be the "bad cop" on more than one occasion (racing luggage carts up and on the hall or wrestling on the slippery pool deck right next to my two year old) and called the front desk on a couple of others (loitering in the halls or wresting above us late into the night). I'm not sure who was chaperoning these kids....but they need to take a king hard look in the mirror. The second issue was the real "bummer". My kids absolutely LOVE to swim and were super excited about the hotel's pool. As soon as we got in on Friday night they had to run straight to the pool and try it out. So on day 2 all they could talk about was getting back to the hotel and going swimming. This was great.....for about ten minutes. That is when the maintenance people let us know that someone had "pooped" in the pool and that it would be closed indefinitely. Not easy no explain to a 2 yr old and 5 yr old who saw this as the hilight of their trip.
Again, not sure the Hilton could have done anything differently.....so I could have easily scored them a five!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Sonoma Wine Country hotel is the perfect California retreat. Set in the midst of 13 acres of private land, the hotel boasts panoramic views of the Santa Rosa Valley. Enjoy our spacious and modern guest rooms, and take advantage of complimentary local wine tastings on Friday evenings. Our stunning indoor and outdoor event space is perfect for weddings and conferences. Dine at the Nectar Restaurant & Lounge, featuring wine country cuisine, created from the finest local produce. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Sonoma Wine Country reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Hotel Santa Rosa
- Hilton Santa Rosa
- Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Santa Rosa, CA - Sonoma County