Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites
Vintners Inn(Santa Rosa)
$265
$172
Hotel La Rose(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
$179
Hotels.com
Best Western Plus Garden Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
$146
$141
$258
$239
$214
North Bay Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
$120
Sandman(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
$179
Redwood Inn(Santa Rosa)
$105
Courtyard Santa Rosa(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
$199
All reviewswine countrypancake machinehot breakfastbreakfast roombreakfast barjacuzzi tubyogurtnice poolconvenient locationbeds were comfortablewould stay here againfirst flooreasy accessfront desk staffstayed nightsone night staythe santa rosa area
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at this motel for 2 nights, and I had several problems:
1) When I arrived, there was a large hamper with dirty linen in front of my door.

2) While I was asleep, the motion sensor lights on the switch started blinking which woke me up. The hotel fix was to put scotch tape over the light switch.

3) The last straw was when the toilet clogged and it took more than 30 minutes for someone to come and unclog it.

I understand that this was not the Ritz Carlton, but I believe that these occurrences are unacceptable,

I went to speak to the manager, and I was shocked by this person’s behavior. His first response was that it was “industry standards” for it to take more than 30 minutes for someone to show up when a toilet is unclogged. When I told him about the other 2 complaints, he literally shrugged his shoulders. My response was, “I am done talking to you.” This person clearly needs training in managerial accountability and customer service.

The room itself was fine and the front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
I suggest staying somewhere else!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Marin_Cyclist
WineCountryHotel, Manager at Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I would like to thank Marin_Cyclist for sharing his opinion of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that the room and front desk staff were fine. I apologize if I shrugged my shoulders when you were complaining about the laundry cart. I certainly didn't intend to do that , but if indeed I did, I apologize. I was just a little taken aback as I have been managing hotels for over 15 years and have never had anyone complain about the linen carts that staff use.
As far as the energy saving motion sensor light switch located at the entrance door, I again apologize if the black electrical tape that we completely covered the light with so no light could be seen wasn't to your satisfaction. Since you didn't bring that up again, you said that you were satisfied with the fix, and you extended your stay for an additional night, we assumed that you were satisfied. Our records indicate that we fixed your toilet issue in 20 minutes, As I was attempting to explain before you walked out, industry standard is 30 minutes.
Again, I apologize that a couple aspects of your stay were less than exceptional, and we thank you for sharing your opinion.

Todd Anderson.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

When we arrived, we were a bit dissapointed with the location as the area is a tad "industrial". It was not so bad though, you can walk to some fast food joints and an Applebees restaurant. It is also easy to access the freeway and round barn boulevard. Definitely a budget location.

The hotel was nicely renovated and our room was very modern. We were upgraded to a suite as we were on our honeymoon. We really loved it and it might have even been worth to pay the extra bucks ourselves. The jaccuzzi was great! Thank you for the upgrade.

The TVs were new and big, just a very odd thing was to notice that the TVs in the bedroom and living are did not have the same channells. Neither had premium cable but the TV in the living area only had 13 channells(not very good ones) which was definitely a negative.

Something that really bothered us was that there were no chairs or tables on the balconies(two balconies of our own in the 2nd. floor suite!). Just the empty balconies????? Well, I asked everyone in the staff where we can get some chairs on the balcony and we got many different answers why we can't get any chairs but anyways, we did not get them at any point. Downstairs patios had chairs, according to one explanation it is too dangerous to have chairs on the 2nd floor.

Also the picture of a small outdoors dining area is misleading. All the chairs they had were broken and moved to gather dust in the corner. There were only empty tables in the "outdoors breakfast area".

Also in the pool area, too fef sun loungers and chairs. Half of the are is empty and still the pool is very small with no outdoors hot tub. Are still seemed nice though if I don't take into account the noisy middleage croud enjoying a lot of wine at the pool area Saturday night when we arrived. This was not a problem on other nights.

Breakfast itself was good, however, some acoustic plates to damped the echos would be needed in the breakfast room. It felt very noisy due to the sound echoing all over the room. We enjoyed the breakfast, don't understand the negative comments. For the price, it was as at least average. However, one day the hash browns were still half frozen but it was a one time problem for us.

All in all, good hotel for the price! Just get the new chairs for the breakfast area and the balconies(+tables). That would probably cost in total 3000-5000$ which should be a miniscule amount for a large hotel. I can't understand the lack of them! Adding some TV channells would be a big + too.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JAKK1
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Spent one night here for business. Disappointed to find external corridors. Well appointed, but cosmetic brush up covers an older building with need of some structural fixes. I was on the second floor, and discovered a hole near the desk that was covered up by carpeting. That whole section of the floor sagged when I walked near.

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, for the money, it was a good value.

Breakfast bar was crowded with guests -- it was ok -- nothing special, but sufficient.

An ok place to stay if the region is your destination, not the hotel.

Room Tip: Located very close to the freeway -- had traffic noise and sirens into the night. Ask for room on the backside.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Practicaltraveler4
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Napa and Sonoma can get very expensive in the summer, particularly on the weekends. We found this hotel to be reasonably priced and centrally located--close to wineries, the freeway, a mall and restaurants. It's an older hotel in an older commercial area of Santa Rosa. It's been remodeled but still shows its age a bit. There is a very nice pool, pretty good breakfast included in the rate and a very small fitness facility. Not a place I'd stay if I planned to be in the room for long, but certainly clean and adequate for sleeping.

Room Tip: Even though it's close to the freeway, it's not noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SusanJElDoradoHills
Reviewed July 7, 2012

My sister and I stayed here over the 4th of July for 4 nights. The hotel is centrally located to all the activities we planned. Sonoma Coast is 30 min away, wineries are a short drive away through beautiful winding roads and Hwy 101 access is right around the corner, although it was quiet and can not be heard from the room. The room was recently updated, nicely decorated and comfortable, although a little tight for moving around. The cleaning staff was excellent, however the front desk staff was not very helpful, when we could find them. The breakfast was good, pool was nice and clean, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs are quiet and have a nice view, but only have stair access.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family