“Very nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Trabuco Canyon
“Very nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed 4 nights with 2 other couples for a local bicycle event here and found it clean and comfortable. Some rooms being renovated but not a bother to our stay. McDonalds, Arbys, Taco Bell, Applebees and a Starbucks within easy walking distance.

Willow and other desk staff were very helpful in providing directions to local points of interest and wine tasting. Morning breakfest provided many choices for hot food, cereals and drinks.

I would suggest that a Hotel called the Wine Country Inn provide at least a glass of wine in the evening along with the tasty cookies that were available. :)

We plan to come back again next year!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonTer884

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Stockton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I frequently stay here when I am on business in Santa Rosa. I have found this hotel to be one of the better values in the area. The place went through a complete make over during it's transition to a Best Western Plus. Everything from the lobby to the rooms have a new, fresh feel to it. Most rooms have either a patio or balcony which give the place kind of a resort feel. Even though I am here on work assignments I feel like I am on vacation when I come home at night. I love sitting outside my room when the weather is nice and sipping on a glass of wine. You get free internet, and a full hot breakfast in the morning. They also have a new fitness center, however since I am a all club member of 24 Hour Fitness I usually work out there as I can walk from the hotel. There is an Applebee's across the street plus a number of fast food options if you don't feel like driving somewhere for dinner. The staff and management are very friendly and helpful and always make me feel at home. Sometimes I get tired of business travel but, I always look forward to the Santa Rosa assignments and coming home to the Best Western Wine Country Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: The standard rooms are lovely...The suites are awesome!
Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank celkgrv1
WineCountryHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your opinion of our hotel. It is always great to have you stay with us, be sure to say "Hi" next time you are here.
Thanks again,
Todd Anderson.
Big Island, Hawai'i
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

We selected this hotel based on price/location. A weekend in wine country requires one to dish out more cash. We really needed just a place to sleep so I reserved this room for 2 nights, April 20 & 21st from the BW website for $106/night including taxes and fees. Our expectations were set pretty high because we had just come from staying at the BW Premier Ivy Inn in Napa (see my review) & had a lovely time with excellent customer service. I checked in late Friday night and asked if we could be placed in a first floor room since my mom requires some assistance, but I was told that I was already placed into a certain room and that was that. Hmm...ok. The room at the Wine Country Inn was fine & decent for a motel-like setting. I would have been ok with the room had it not been for the air conditioner. During the day/night, the a/c turned off randomly. I called the front desk and was told that when the a/c reached the desired temperature, the unit turns off and there was nothing we could do about it - unacceptable during the night when the temp would fluctuate from cool to HOT. I think I was just bothered by the customer service (night shift), especially coming from Napa. If you're on a budget, then this place is just fine. I'd stay here again if I wanted to save money and got a decent deal.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you have a lot of bags or boxes of wine, reserve a first floor room. I...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank eyelanddoc
WineCountryHotel, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
I would like to thank eyelanddoc for taking the time or review our hotel. I'm happy that you found our hotels pricing and location satisfactory. I would like to touch on a couple points you made in your review. Best Western has three different tiers of hotels. Best Western, Best Western Plus, and Best Western Premiere. The Best Western tier is basically the Best Western you have pretty much come to know and love over the years. The Best Western Plus tier is a step up from the standard Best Western tier. They are typically a 3 Diamond AAA rating, and have a few more amenities than your standard Best Western and are typically considered to be an Upper Mid Scale, limited service hotel. The Best Western Premier tier are typically a 4 Diamond AAA rated properties. These are full service luxury properties that have all the bells and whistles of your luxury level hotels. While we strive to offer luxury hotel service, being that we are a limited service property, occasionally we are not able to hit that mark.
I would like to apologize for not being able to get you on the ground floor. My staff should have clarified that it wasn't that you were already assigned a room as to the reason we were not able to relocate you; the reason that you were already assigned a room is because we were sold out and the room you were given was one of a few rooms that were available. As for the air conditioners, my staff was correct. Our air conditioners, as all heaters and air conditioners, cycle on and off to maintain the temperature set by the user at the thermostat. You do however notice it more with PTAC units then you do with central units because the compressors and other components are not in the back yard or up on the roof. One suggestion I would have is to leave it on "fan" overnight if it is a nice evening. Then the unit will not cycle on and off.
Again, thank you for reviewing our hotel and we hope to see you again in the near future.
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel looks newly remodeled. Pleasant and helpful staff at the front desk. Overall it was quiet except for the occasional noise from the street and freeway. We got a room with a back balcony but unfortunately our view was a big tree.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KCJ44
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

We spent the day leaving San Francisco and went to Muir Woods, Muir Beach and along the coast then we headed to Santa Rosa. There were 5 adults. We had a 2 room suite which worked out well. The hotel was very nice - clean and comfortable room, courteous staff. The continential breakfast was good. Free Wifi worked well. The location provides a lot of places you can get to conveniently. We went to Coddington Mall for a little shopping and ate at Sweet River Grill and Bar which was good (had appetizers and drinks). I would recommend this hotel. It was a good value. Our room had two balconies overlooking an outdoor pool. We did not use the pool but saw a few people using it.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the pool and was a good location (2nd floor)
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Minnesotavacationer
Louisville, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

We selected this hotel for the location to Russian River wineries. It's a good central location. Hotel is a bit older with hin walls - we heard neighbors in the shower at 6:30am. They should upgrade the TVs to flat screens. Looks like newer tile on the bathroom floor, but it's sloppy workmanship. How easy to wipe grout off the tub? Or when painting and it runs onto the new tile, to wipe it off? Sloppy! Shower runs hot and cold and didn't drain well at all. Bed is comfy. Free breakfast is standard buffet and appreciated. Staff is nice, check in is quick. If you want someplace just to sleep (which is what we wanted), it's fine. Not fancy. Taco Bell, McDonalds, Kohls, Applebees across the street. Starbucks next door.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jackchas
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Hotel is being remodeled. The outside shows it's age but the rooms are beautiful inside. Outside doors do allow for more noise than usual but all rooms have small patios that look out over a common area
And pool. Exercise room is large with a weight machine a treadmills. Only drawback is the televisions have not been updated, but who watches television in Wine Country!

• Stayed March 2012