“Historic hotel, comfortable and well decorated but needs new AC”
Review of Hotel La Rose

Hotel La Rose
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Frankfurt, Germany
“Historic hotel, comfortable and well decorated but needs new AC”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel is in a historic stone building on the railroad square in Santa Rosa. It is well decorated and the room I had was very attractive and well-equipped (there were even vintage books that were a comforting addition). The only negative I found was the old air conditioner that didn't really provide cooling (I was on the fourth floor, which gets quite hot, even in winter). The breakfast was small but sufficient -- however, they need to provide some really hot water for tea, not just luke warm water. I did appreciate it that they did not have ugly CNN news blaring in the breakfast area. This hotel was overall very pleasant and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If the weather is hot, avoid the upper floor rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Cookie064
Naira G, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Cookie064,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us here at Hotel La Rose. We are very happy that you had a good overall stay with us. To ensure that we always serve hot water, we will check it more often. Please accept our sincerest apologize regarding our air conditioning system, we are happy to inform you that we are in the process of updating our HVAC, we are sorry that this did not happen before your stay with us. Please do not hesitate to call us at 707 579 3200 or email us at reservations@hotellarose.com should you have any questions or concerns.

Naira Ghazaryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
California
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed two nights over presidents weekend and stayed here because of great rate offered through booking.com. We were on fourth floor. nice room but no ac. Manager moved us the next night. Still no ac but had large fan. The plus is its location to dinner and shops downtown. We have been traveling to Santa Rosa for many years and just hate how the price of hotel rooms has skyrocketed. Even with the inconvenience, I would stay again because of the rate. And its too bad because the hotel has such charm.

Room Tip: stay off fourth floor
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Naira G, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
--- Please allow us to thank you for allowing us to be a part of your recent trip in Santa Rosa and for posting a review for our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to bring this to our attention as this will help us prevent the same mistake to happen again in the future. We take every guest comments seriously and in a constructive way for us to be able to achieve your satisfaction. Please allow us to take this opportunity as well to send our sincerest apology for not being able to meet your standards and expectations. Please find us always available should you have any more comments or concerns, you may contact us at (707) 579-3200or email us at nghazaryan@hotelpros.biz. Thank you once again.

Willits, California
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I thought we would travel to Santa Rosa for a birthday night on the town. I checked with the hotel for check in time so we could pick up a little food from the fabulous "Flavors" and eat it on the balcony. We arrived 30 minutes after check in time to find out the room was not clean. After lots of time trying to find out when the room would be clean (my beautiful calamari sandwich was cold by then): I told them that I would take any room that was clean. A big downgrade! No balcony, no jacuzzi tub, etc. We were given the keys and off we went to our room. There was a do not disturb sign on the door. We thought it a little odd, but I opened the door anyway. The room was completely unmade. the bed slept in, trash in the waste basket, not vacuumed. I was afraid to look in the bathroom. So we brought the keys back and left. I am not sure if it was just really bad service or a an almost funny joke. The worst part was there were no apologies, what can we do?; just really rude unprofessional service. I really hope no one stays at this hotel. If gives our beautiful northern california such a bad name for hospitality.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank birdwatcher1000
There is certainly no excuse for our inability to properly clean your room. I feel that a clean room is at the very basic level of the service we provide to our guests. We have an excellent supervisor of housekeeping which makes your experience even more frustrating to me. Additionally, she been unable to provide me with a reasonable explanation as to why we failed to live up to our own high standards.

Once again, I do apologize and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with an experience more typical of Hotel La Rose.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I booked a room over a month in advance, called a few days before my birthday vacation only to be told my room was given away and that there aren't any rooms available for half the time I'll be in Santa Rosa. I spoke with the Manager, she was very rude, unhelpful, disregarded facts/accused me of lying about my reservation (offered to share the confirmation email) and with her deep Russian accent, is a white cat away from being a Bond villain in my opinion.

I have stayed here in the past- but after this experience I will not return and have to recommend avoiding this place unless you walk in and get a room/rate right there and then. I talked with other people who are going up to Russian River for Pliny the Younger, who had similar issues with the Hotel La Rose reservations. Hotel La Rose, so close to peace and quiet- so far from grace and good service.

On the plus side, the lady who answered the hotel's phone, Sandy, was very kind and tried to help as much as she could- but there's only so much that can be done as an employee working for a bad manager who is unaccountable.

Room Tip: Get a room elsewhere, you'll be more likely to actually get it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
--- First of all, please allow us to extend our sincerest apology for the inconvenience we had caused you. We are very sorry that we were not able to meet your standards and expectations. We appreciate your comments and we take these in a constructive way and an opportunity for our improvement. This will also enable us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Please feel free to call us (707) 579-3200 or email us at nghazaryan@hotelpros.biz us should you have any more concerns or details that you want us to address. Thank you once again and we look forward to your response.

Thank you.
Naira ghazaryan
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The hotel setting was very nice. The parking was convenient and easy. The room was very nice, clean and very pleasing. The bed was pretty standard as hotels go. The breakfast was okay, nothing special, no waffles or hot foods. The service was very good and staff were very pleasant and helpful. The location was very good and gave us a feeling for the downtown area. Close to restaurants and a short walk to Santa Rosa Creek for a delightful walk. Short walk to a nice shopping mall and movies. I would stay ere again.

Room Tip: if you want to open your window do not get a room on the main street side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for this lovely and detailed review. It was a pleasure to have you to stay. I am absolutely thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us so much and I will certainly pass on your comments to the team. It is nice that people do take time to write reviews as it all helps in the long run. Hope we will see you back in Santa Rosa again soon.

We look forward to welcoming

Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed January 30, 2014

What a lovely hotel at such a reasonable price. I had a workshop to go to near to the location of the hotel and decided to take a risk and stay at a B&B type of hotel. This place is adorable.
Decorated really nicely as a Victorian - like atmosphere. The room was huge - much more room than I, a single person, ever needed. The "continental" breakfast was much more than that, with breads, and rolls, fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and more (I can't remember what else).
The front desk staff could stand to learn more congeniality but the general manager checked me in and was lovely. The parking for the hotel is just across the street and down a bit, very convenient. Only drawback that at around dinnertime until about 9pm, the street down below (I was on the third floor) was very noisy but nothing that I couldn't handle. There's a cafe across the street where you can get sandwiches, salads, desserts and ice cream.
My room was only $79 booked through Booking.com but the added 14% tax added alot to the bill (nothing the hotel could do about that!)
I definitely recommend this place any time you want to stay in Santa Rosa.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Hotel La Rose in Santa Rosa. We are pleased that you liked your stay with us, were able to enjoy our breakfast and found our location convenient. We look forward to welcoming back to Hotel La Rose in Santa rosa.

Thank you.
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Hi, I am a local here & have stayed many times over the years. It is still very beautiful & antique inside. No bar open on the weekends? The keys/locks need to be updated to the 21st century card keys. It took us 5 minutes each time to get back into our room, as the key has to be turned just the right way & can't be put in all the way like a regular key. Our room was so HOT & it's January! Tried the knob that says A/C but only warm air came out. Thankfully there was a free-standing fan which blew the hot air around. I finally opened the windows (no screens) & finally got to sleep at 3am, hours past when I went to bed. Please tell me if there was a way to get A/C that I missed. My temp runs on the cold side, so to be overheated all night is unheard of for me. Breakfast until 9 on the weekend? Are you kidding? It should go until at least 11. I still love your hotel & hope to be back when these comfort issues are addressed.

Room Tip: Main building, rq high floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank maestralori
--- We would like to thank you for posting a review for our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Please do not hesitate to call us at (707) 579-3200 or email us at nghazaryan@hotelpros.biz if you have any questions or concerns, this way we can discuss your situation in details so we can address it better. We look forward to your response. Thank you once again.