“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
New York City, New York
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a nice, historic, cozy hotel. The rooms are pretty comfortable, considering the age of the building. Nice sized bathroom. The one problem with the room was that there were no drawers to store clothes! I have never been to a hotel that did not have a dresser with drawers! This was a bit of an inconvenience for my friends and I who ended up needing to keep our non-hanging clothes in our suitcases. Other than that, I would recommend the hotel for a weekend trip to Santa Rosa.The staff was also very nice, but the hotel does not have the kind of amenities I would think one would require for a longer stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CathyNY12345
Naira G, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Hotel La Rose. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the inconvenience. I appreciate your concern, interest and extra time you have taken to bring these matters to my attention. We look forward to hearing from you and to the opportunity to demonstrate our interest in you, as our valued client.

Naira Ghazaryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
White Rrver Jct, VT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Having stayed at Hotel La Rose three years ago with my sister, I chose to stay there with my new husband while visiting family in Santa Rosa. we were given a second floor room in the carriage house but due to my husband's health requested a first floor room which we got the second night. Problems during our eight day stay were: 1) first room bedside lamp falling apart 2) Plate holding door fixtures also falling apart 3 ) Second room cord on bedside lamp was shorting out - we unplugged it 4) Shower curtain fell while husband was in shower- I had to come and hold the rod and curtain up for him to get the soap off and not let the water flood the floor. At no time did we learn about a complimentary breakfast. While there in 2010 my sister and I had a fantastic breakfast everyday.. One other PROBLEM WAS THE MAIN GATE TO THE CARRIAGE HOUSE WAS FREQUENTLY FOUND AJARRED AND ANYONE OFF THE STREET COULD COME IN. NOT GOOD!!!!!

Room Tip: Possibly staying in the main building would be better
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write me concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I was sorry to read that your stay was less than satisfactory.
Again, thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. If I may be of any further service to you please do not hesitate to contact me.

Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

After looking at reviews on tripadvisor my husband and I decided to book into Hotel La Rose in Santa Rosa on our recent roadtrip. There were limited rooms available as we just turned up at their door after long day of driving. On paper what the hotel offered was pretty reasonable. Free wifi and breakfast, free parking and a reasonably good location. When it came down to it though there were a few things that were a bit not quite right. We ended up getting a room in the carriage house. This was not a problem at all with as the complex area was reasonably nice and the rooms were quite large. There was plenty of space in the room with a large bed that was quite comfortable and a shower that had good pressure. Unfortunately there was something about the room that didn't sit right with me. There was no bar fridge which meant that a lot of the food we had accumulated along the road had no where to go. This was a significant issue for me. The ambiance of the room was also a little off. I can't put my finger on the issue but the room as quite dark inside with not heaps of natural light. The light outside our door also didn't work. When we raised it with reception they said they couldn't help us then but the handyman would fix it the next day but it never was. I would have loved to have a look at some of the rooms on the second floor as these looked absolutely lovely but due to our late booking there were none available. The breakfast offerings were fine with oatmeal, muffins, patries etc but if you have ever seen Fawlty Towers that is what the staff reminded me of. It was quite funny really.
Overall it was still good value but perhaps we might not have stayed there if we had our choice again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PDun
I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write me concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I was sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a nice historic hotel that feels vintage but not outdated. The staff is very friendly, the bed comfortable and has a nice shower. Parking is free. I'm sure the breakfast is good but it looked like the continental breakfast in most hotels so we went out. Our room was on the top floor and the windows were just under the eaves and not full windows so the view is limited. It's in the historical part of town with the visitor info center just across the street which is handy.

Room Tip: Room 42. Enough said.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lannyr
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great things about our hotel and service here at Hotel La Rose. We are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and had comfortable stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Santa Rosa.

ukiah california, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've stayed at the Hotel La Rose several times. The first time, many years ago, I was given a room in the main original building and remember being bothered by the freeway noise. However, my more recent stays were in the new property across the street. These rooms I find to be spacious and quiet and clean and convenient. Railroad square is my favorite location in Santa Rosa with its easy access to restaurants and shops, coffee houses and the actual downtown area. The staff has always been accomodating even when I arrived late and without a reservation. The one time I requested a late check-out it was not a problem. Parking is close-by. I've discovered some of the charming adjacent historical neighborhoods during my morning walks. I would return.

Room Tip: Across the street from the main property away from the street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and were satisfied with your overall experience at the Hote La Rose.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Loved this hotel. Loved the decor. Will stay there again. Felt comfortable with walking around the hotel. Breakfast was fresh. Very friendly staff. Convient to restuarants and shopping. Will recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us. It really means a lot to me and to everyone on our staff.

Thank you again for your kind comments .

Best regards,
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The hotel is very good right now they have a new management company in the hotel a good general manager and a good worker. The hotel is a historical hotel. The hotel location is very good close to the mall and it's in downtown.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the taking the time to provide us with feedback and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel La Rose in the future!

We'll look forward to seeing you again, best wishes,