“What amazing service and staff!”
Review of Hotel La Rose

Hotel La Rose
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had the best experience of our lives at Hotel La Rose. We were forced to speed up our daughter's wedding because her younger sister was dying of cancer. We called Hotel La Rose 3 days before the wedding and they not only accommodated us, but were exemplary in their service. The day of the wedding my caterer dropped the ball and left me without any food for the reception. Hotel La Rose jumped in at the last minute and catered the entire event. They had every opportunity to gouge me and they did not! This is my restaurant and hotel of choice for every event fro now on!

Room Tip: The rooms are adorable!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your kind words the entire staff from management and front desk to housekeeping works hard daily to give our family (guest) the service and stay that we would appreciate and require. During your next stay in Santa Rosa don't forget about Hotel La Rose. Once again thank you.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for the weekend with my Partner. This hotel is a historic property and is in a great location when you are visiting the city of Santa Rosa CA in NorCal wine country. The staff was friendly but room conditions where not up to my standard for a Boutique hotel as this one is. Carpets had been recently dyed and left remants of color on socks and clothing, the shower head worked poorly not giving out a solid stream of carpet and the TV remote did not work properly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

We were in the process of rejuvenating the carpets the week of your stay to help improve our rooms and uphold the quality of Hotel La Rose. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you please feel free to contact me of my staff at anytime. We look forward to your next stay and please feel free to inform our staff before checking out of any difficulties you encounter.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I reserved a room in this hotel 6 months prior to my daughter's college graduation; I knew all the hotels would book up in the area that weekend and wanted to make sure we had a room. I guaranteed the reservation with a credit card and received a confirmation number. TWO WEEKS before the graduation, I received an email from the hotel saying that they were overbooked and they were canceling my reservation. WHAT?? The room is GUARANTEED! I called the hotel immediately and was transferred to the manager, Mr. Dade Vincent (who has been mentioned in previous reviews here, and not in a good way). He told me that the entire hotel was booked for a wedding and they didn't have a room for us. He didn't have an answer when I asked why they didn't contact me sooner, because obviously the wedding had been planned for some time. When I noted that we had a confirmation/guarantee, he told me the wedding party took precedence because the bride had paid in cash! Since when does cash trump a credit card?? I won't detail the conversation further except to say that it deteriorated from there; he continued to tell me about THE BRIDE and her needs until I shouted at him that I didn't care about THE BRIDE, I needed a hotel room for my daughter's college graduation! In a panic, I called every hotel in the area looking for a room, and Mr. Vincent claimed he was also calling around to find a room in another hotel. In the end, I received another email (not a phone call) the following day telling me they had a room at LaRose after all, so NEVER MIND (he put me through all this for nothing!). By that time I had found and booked a hotel room in Sebastopol, so I called Mr. Vincent and asked him to pay for it, but he refused. We did not stay at the Hotel LaRose; I would sleep on a bench in the bum-infested park across the street before I would stay there. They need new, more professional management with better customer relations skills. I also want to mention that we stayed at this hotel several weeks prior to this and were treated rudely by the woman at the front desk as well. AND, when I told Mr. Vincent that I would certainly write this review on TripAdvisor, he said he would have everyone in the wedding party write a rebuttal if I did! This experience was unfortunate, but made all the more unpleasant by Mr. Vincent, who was argumentative, petty and very unprofessional. There are much better hotel choices in the immediate area; my advice is to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Kristin C

At times hotels do overbook no matter how hard we try not to. We did contact you as soon as the overbooking was caught to advise you. A room was found for a one night walk (which we would of paid for and advised you). Entire Hotel La Rose was booked by a wedding party months before your reservation was made and this was also explained to you. Once things were worked out we did call and e-mail you concerning a cancellation for your family to stay which you were notified and accepted until the next day we were advised of you cancelling your stay with us. We have and will continue to work hard not to overbook the hotel but at times this will happen but know that Hotel La Rose will find any overbooked guest a room for their stay. I do apologize and am sorry for any stress that was caused.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed in the "carriage house" across the street which is actually a modern building. Maybe the carriage house used to stand here? Even so, the room was quite spacious and decorated with comfortable and lovely antique style furniture and has a spacious marble bathroom. The hotel is fully booked for weekends up to a year in advance so plan accordingly.

The restaurant breakfast was not bad as long as you don't order the continental breakfast and the bar stocks a good supply of local wines to suit any taste for your pre-dinner relaxing drink.

Room Tip: If you're into antiqueing, you are literally steps away from some of Santa Rosa's best antiq...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for choosing Hotel La Rose for your Santa Rosa stay. It was a pleasure to host your stay. The entire staff looks forward to your next visit in Santa Rosa and Hotel La Rose.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel was charming and wonderful and comfortable and everything you could ask for in a boutique hotel! We stayed in the courtyard rather than the main building. The rooms are VERY spacious, bathrooms luxurious (the suite has a soaking tub with jets), and yet retains a quaint atmosphere. Breakfast in the morning - continental - was just ok - frozen danish and yogurt with fruit, cereal etc. but the town offers several great spots for full breakfasts. The walking/biking trail nearby is fantastic. I only got to do a bit since it was late in the day and we were walking but I bet it would be a good ride. I enjoyed the murals and scuptures.

Room Tip: Depends on what you want - if you like the charm of an older room, go with the main building. If yo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank parishfm
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for choosing Hotel La Rose for your recent stay. We do appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Remember if you need there is always someone at the front desk 24/7.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed over a Saturday night. We stayed in one of the upgraded suites across the street from the main building/hotel. They weren't as upgraded as the photos alluded, but they were fine and felt safe.

There are a few bars/nightclubs on the same street so there was some loud music (not too late) and some after closing streetside chatter as patrons made their way out of the clubs. That was fine and was not terribly impactful to our sleep. However, when a group of hot-rodders (not sure if they were motorcycles or cars) decided to rev their engines for what seemed like several minutes -- maybe 5? -- I was pretty annoyed. Obviously this is not something the hotel can directly control, but it was pretty lame. Fortunately it didn't last long, so we were able to finally get some rest, but later than I had hoped.

Full disclosure: I'm a drummer, so I can deal with loud situations and have a tolerance for nightclub activity.

Anyway, since the room was a bit more expensive than the night's rest we received, I give it a 3. It's not bad, but you may not get the rest you were hoping for.

It was terribly convenient though.

Room Tip: I didn't get a look at the original rooms in the main building/actual hotel, but they may be mor...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you for your response as we all know people milling around will make a little noise. Being in Historic Downtown at times the nearby bar will host an event which it seems happened the night you stayed with us, they are usually pretty good about keeping the noise down. We do wish to host your next stay.
Once again thanks for your review and comments.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed on a Sat night for a wine country trip from the bay area and enjoyed the La Rose.
Our king bed was very comfortable and we had a good nights sleep. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is close to both HWY 101 and 12 so you can go N, S, E or W with ease and it is close to the restaurants and shops. They also have a parking lot across the street for guests at no charge. There is a complimentary continental breakfast but we missed it at about 9:25 on Sunday morning because it apparently closes at 9AM. The clerk did say it was served at 7 but did not mention the closing time. We thought that 9 was a bit early for a Sunday morning knowing that many people are out late Saturday night even though we were not. 10AM would seem a little more appropriate to us for a weekend.

We have stayed at two other hotels near by of the large chain type but their prices have gone up each year with no change in the facilities so we are glad we tried the Hotel La Rose. We would recommend it and will stay the next trip to the wine country.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your choice to stay at Hotel La Rose while in Santa Rosa. We value all comments concerning the hotel and staff. Once again thank you for staying at Hotel La Rose and we do look forward to your next visit.