“Very functional and satisfactory.”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Arcata, California
“Very functional and satisfactory.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Close to freeway. 15% off if you get hotel card (at least bring photocopy of email if you don't get card in time). Allow dogs, but no sign of dogs having been there - good clean up. MW, frig, TV, internet, nice people run the place, kept it clean.
No amenities like spa, workout space, pool. Bare-bones, but I came here knowing that. Suits me fine.
Breakfast only from 7:30-9:30 so I missed before work, and just generic wrapped Danish roll.
Served by purposes, safe, clean and close. I stay here everytime work takes me to Santa Rosa!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lodi, Ca.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2011

Spent 1 nite at this hotel. 1st room they gave us we refused, in the corner dark and smelled. 2nd room 105 was ok but not worth the price. Lousey cont. breakfast. woould not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
abvisantarosa, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for giving us a review it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• Management was approached about what actions could be taken to make our valued guests feel that they are getting their monies worth.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in putting on a good cont. breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will change your mind and once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country. We do take our reviews very seriously. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Vacaville, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2011

If you want a place to just get some rest and get back on the road, this place is fine. The hotel is basic, but clean and in a good location. I wouldn't use it for a vacation.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Emarsh69
abvisantarosa, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country, responded to this review, April 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. I am glad that the hotel was adequate for your needs and that the location was a good one for you.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Gualala, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights with our young children, and it was nasty. The curtain had what looked like blood staines on them, and so did the box spring matress. I was a little scared. The bathroom was nice, but that was about it. I wanted to have a cup of coffee but there was no coffee just sugar. we stayed upstairs and the walkway was made of wood and was falling in. On the second night we saw a cockroach above the doorway in our room. I have never seen one before, so needless to say I wasn't taking it too well. I feel bad giving bad reviews we are not wealthy people and we cant afford to stay at the 5 star places, but this was bad. I think they should try renovating the rooms. i would not recommend taking your kids to stay there. Mine were terrified.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank shawnahardy
abvisantarosa, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, it is very much appreciated. I am so sorry that your children were terrified and that your visit was not the pleasant one you had anticipated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Maintenance staff received additional training as to what is expected of them in keeping our property in proper condition. They were instructed to inspect the property and see that proper repairs were made. They also were instructed to look into the matter of cockroaches and to see to it that any such problem was eliminated.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training as to their responsibility as our employees to maintain a proper level of cleanliness.

3) Housekeeping staff received additional training in making sure that the rooms are properly maintained for the guests, with coffee and all the amenities.

I hope that the next time you are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country. I think you will be greatly pleased.

sacramento, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

room 104 king bed comfy- firm like i prefer. not enough well lighted parking for the hotel, parking was available in a dimly lit area not directly adjacent to the hotel, but this area was by a deserted fenced off restraunt. this dark area made me feel unsafe parking my car, but there was no other choice. starbucks is walking distance tho! and the local cops hang out at the starbucks.breakfast was hardboiled eggs, cereal. bagels ,minimuffins, instant oatmeal, juice, milk, coffee- for the price a full hot breakfast should be served but there is no lobby/amenity space available to do so. stay here if you have the $

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad that you found the bed to be comfortable.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The security staff was instructed to look into the matter of the parking area and to see to it that it is lit properly and kept as safe as possible for our guests and their possessions.

2) The breakfast menu is being looked into to see how we can best serve our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - Wine Country. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Albuquerque
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stayed in this hotel last month while on a trip to Santa Rosa. I was recommended by a friend for its price and location. There is nothing fancy, but the rooms are kept clean and the service was good. We were there for a night only and we did not encounter any problems. This hotel met my expectations and next time we are in Santa Rosa, we will go to this hotel again

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,383 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

I agree with the other current reviewers for this motel. I had a fairly good recommendation for the place, but it seems it must have gone down hill since this person visited. Upon arrival, we were already nervous. There were workmen staying there for a local construction job of some sort and they were sitting on the steps, on the sidewalk, and leaning against their trucks, drinking one beer after the other. Swearing. Laughing too loudly. We requested a room far away from them and got it. Young, fairly friendly lady checked us in, but didn't offer any welcome or info-kept disappearing around the corner, where I believe she was asking manager questions.

Our room was OK, but sort of ridiculous. Had king bed. You couldn't walk around the room hardly at all. The nightstand had been pushed under the desk...hello? The round table and two chairs (which we could barely sit in) were pushed together and you could hardly move them at all. The bed was comfortable. TV OK, limited channels. Remote worked sporadically. We opened our window, but got nervous about the crowd outside. So, closed it and turned on AC. Bathroom was fine but again, wasted space.

While DH went to find a laundry, I stayed behind to pack and organize our stuff. A man tried to enter our room. I heard his key card slip in the lock and he tried to open the door. I yelled out to him to see what he wanted and he apologized. He didn't sound drunk to me. I called the office and same young lady told me she would call me back, which she did. She said the man told her he was confused and thought his room was on the first floor, not the second. Right.

Whoever was on the second floor walked all night long, slamming drawers, doors, stomping, moving furniture. We didn't sleep well. They did it again in the morning.

Breakfast was OH SO not worth it. Same as previous reviewers state. Upon checkout no apology from management about noise, room problems, etc. I highly do not recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tymetraveler222
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that the behavior of the workmen made you feel uncomfortable.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The management staff received additional training as to their responsibility in seeing to it that guests are reminded of their responsibility towards other guests to behave appropriately.

2) Maintenance staff was instructed to look into the matter of a king size bed in a small room and to see if possibly some changes could be made.

3) Maintenance staff was instructed to see to it that the television and the remote control in the room which you were given are in proper working order.

4) The matter of the breakfasts is being looked into to see how we can best service our valued guests