“Small motel, very clean with newly remodeled rooms”

Travelodge Santa Rosa Wine Country
Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This is a quaint motel. Rooms are very clean. Staff is very nice. Close on and off freeway. Rooms have been newly remodeled and it was a nice play to stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SignLady

Reviewed April 26, 2010

I booked a one night stay via AAA and based my choice on cost. All I needed was a bed for one night and for a price in the mid $60s I didn't expect much. I was very surprised! For that price I had a fridge, microwave, free wireless internet, in room safe, hairdryer, free HBO, a clean, neat room and very friendly genuine service. The new Manager Vimal and his crew are enthusiastic young folks who truly seem to enjoy their customers. Vimal shared with me some of his and the new owners future plans for this little gem. I have stayed at some "high end" hotels in Nashville, Seattle, San Francisco and Las Vegas. Few of them gave the perks this place did relative to the cost. look this place up if you're in Santa Rosa. Location is great too.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank zethrock
Reviewed October 13, 2008

booked on yahoo,made a mistake and failed to see that a smoking room was selected,i had no idea that motels like this still existed,it is very worn around the edges,big stains in the carpet, huge gaps in the bathroom tiles which have been half filled with calk only to have reopened.you get two tiny thread bare towls and the smell of smoke was intoxicating.
the big problem was booking on yahoo and the manager refusing to make any changes to the res as was the case with the yahoo travelagent, we moved to the flamingo hotel, which is fantastic, on our own dime
this is an old school low rent road motel,the other patrons are what you expect from such an establishment.
if you want grunge you can get it here,if not stay away

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 15, 2008

While I found the property to be clean and the staff friendly, there was one major problem. The almost total lack of internet access. Though I live just a few miles from the property, I came here to be distraction free and meet some fast approaching important deadlines for work. The majority of what I do requires internet access.

Within an hour of check-in I advised the front desk of problems with internet access. Though I was told that the wireless router would be reset (which takes 5-10 minutes or more) when I returned to the room just a minute later I found that I still had internet "access." I continued to register my complaints to no avail.

The internet connection dropped and reconnected every few minutes. Now, in my third and final day at the motel, I have much fewer connect/reconnect problems. However the connection is still inadequate and unacceptable. I just clocked the download speeds at 251kbs. I could run a faster dial-up connection with compression software.

Bottom line: If you just need a cheap place to stay that is relatively safe and clean, this is it. If you want a little more, say like, a wireless internet connection, try someplace else and avoid the aggravation and indifference of the staff.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 25, 2006

The motel is nice. We found the room to be nicely decorated and clean.
The only problem I have is that the Owner lady likes to squeeze in a charge of $1.50 into the credit card charge even if you do not use it. Its not a big deal but why charge it without telling the customer.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank D B
cadn, Management at Travelodge Santa Rosa Wine Country, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2007

Sorry for the late reply. But the charge of $1.50 can be removed at check-out as it says on your receipt. We inform the guest to initial for the safe but you should have read it carefully as well. We don't know if you are going to use it or not if you don't say anything at check-in when you initial for the safe fee. We gladly remove the safe fee for the customer at check-in or at check-out when the customer requests the refund of $1.50.
Please, read what you sign before signing. The $1.50 does not make me rich nor you.

Reviewed April 7, 2006

We stayed here because there was an event going on in the area and everywhere else was booked - I mean, EVERYWHERE. There are lots of hotels in this town, and we drove around searching for 2 hours with no luck except this one.

We pulled into the parking area to go to our room and saw a bunch of guests laying on their beds watching TV with their room doors open in t-shirts and underwear - it was about 9pm. There were about 3 rooms like this with about 3-4 people in each room.

They were drinking and loud with their doors open. I was scared to sleep.

The room was dirty and smelled badly.

Never again!!

• Stayed: August 1999
Reviewed November 15, 2005

just a disaster ...nothing like photos you might see.trash filled lot, peeling paint....once i saw my room and some kind of mold growing on wall I demanded my money back and got it except for ten dollars which they insisted on keeping..this place should be pulled down

• Stayed: August 2004, traveled on business