“A day to remember”

Napa Valley Small Group Wine Tour
Ranked #5 of 48 Food & Drink in Santa Rosa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The most fun and knowledgeable wine tours guides in wine country! Join us for an informative, casual, and unforgettable day of tasting wine and learning about Sonoma, Napa, or Mendocino wine country. Whether you are a first timer or a wine connoisseur, our wine educators will be happy to show you the best of wine country with our luxury SUVs or comfortable passenger vans. Our guides are all industry veterans, wine makers, and vineyard managers, so you'll really get the insiders' wine tasting experience with Terrific Tours. Don't just hope to meet a winemaker on your next wine country getaway--take a tour with one!
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We meet up with dan and his truck of tasters early on Thursday morning.
After a heavy night previously I wasn't the best of British but I soon warmed up to the after our first stop and 5 generous tasting.
As the day panned out the conversations got going and I realised I was amongst a really interesting bunch of Americans who like me were having a very well thought out and interesting day as we visited the next tasting set in a field( vine) with the company of a few small snakes and another 5 wines to taste followed by a port back at the tasting room.
Dan strategyicly parked the van at a tasting room in central Sonoma giving great recommendations for lunch and a meeting tie to hit the road. After gaining some time from lunch I had 15 minutes to burn so went into the tastin room to find the rest of the group thinking the same deal as me and squeezing in a few more delightful pinos!
We finished of the day slightly merry on a boat across the bay with a few treats, new friends and a longer christmas card list!
Thanks Dan

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This tour was amazing! We loved the wine, the interesting facts, and the great company. It was a lovely way to see Sonoma, and try many many wines without having to worry about driving or where to go next. Lunching and shopping in Sonoma proper was simply lovely. We even had a wine tasting out amongst the vines! I couldn't have been happier. The ferry ride was the perfect way to end the day, albeit a little bit tipsy! I highly recommend this tour if you can only make it to Napa/Sonoma for one day.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

And it isn't the wine. It was the tour.

Excellent driver, informative without being "chatty," superb selections of both large and small winerys (we fitted five in today, sort of pushing it, but it worked).

Pickup was on time (lots of calls ahead of time by headquarters to make sure everything was in order - a California trait?). Twelve-passenger van with eight aboard, driver made a nice effort to get everyone's name and give everyone's name. By the second winery, of course, we all had each other's stories and on we went. This is a great way for a solo or couple to encounter fellow travelers.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a fun afternoon wine tasting. It was nice to be picked up & let someone else do the driving. Joel was great. We were able to visit 4 wineries & were treated like VIPs. We had a group of 12 & were seated at picnic tables, & the hostess brought the tasting out to us. It was a beautiful day!

1  Thank mgtdgirl
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My 2 sisters and my niece decided to take a day during our trip to San Francisco to experience wine country. We selected Terrific Tours. The van picked us up in Union Square near our hotel.
The driver was charming and as luck had it we were the only ones in the group that day so we had Kimya (spelling?) all to ourselves. It was fun to interact with him during the van ride to Sonoma.
We visited 4 wineries and tasted wonderful wines and California champagne. At lunch time we stopped in Sonoma city center and were able to choose our own lunch location. Our guide gave us some tips and we ate in an outdoor garden under trees. The tour was topped off with a return trip to San Francisco by ferry. The ride on the ferry provided wonderful views of the area and was very relaxing. I recommend Terrific Tours.