“Great Pho”

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Santa Rosa, California
“Great Pho”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

I had houseguests and we wanted a warm lunch on a cold rainy day. I first thought of Pho...A tasty, soothing, warming meal! My guests tried a noodle dish with pork and loved it. #36. I want to try it next time. I just keep coming back for Pho...

• Visited April 2012

Santa Rosa
“A Pho factory built for moving lots of food fast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

This place is not bad...

It's a bit run down, dated and in need of a good scrub down. Which I actually don't mind if the food is great.

There were a few things that turned me off... my noodle bowl was good flavor and my pork & prawns were cooked well however they were served over noodles that were ice cold. I understand that the noodles aren't suppose to be hot. I've had noodle bowls at other places and they've never been icy cold noodles. The contrast with the hot meat made me a little concerned with the freshness of the food. Not something I like to think about when I'm eating at a restaurant.

Another thing that made me question the freshness of the food was the plate of mung beans they brought out for my mom's soup. The plate had clearly been assembled in the morning or the day before. The jalapenos were starting to dry out, the mint was wilted and again everything (including the plate) was ice cold...clearly from the same cooler as the rice noodles in my dish.

I understand the need prep and assemble some foods before the big lunch rush but I shouldn't be questioning freshness as a result.

Overall the flavors were good and I will be back to give it another try.

Visited March 2012
Santa Rosa, California
“Delicious Pho, very reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

I have visited this place many times over the years. I always enjoy the Pho. It is soooo good, I just have to return. The noodle dishes are my favorites. The rice noodles pared with the fresh flavors of Vietnam, seem to hit the spot on my palate. On a recent 2 week visit to Viernam I had Pho every day for breakfast, so having Pho Vietnam close is special and important to me.

• Visited December 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great Soup”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2009

Great Soup

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
USA
“Great food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2009

Wonderful food, especially the Pho! They recently remodeled the whole restaurant so it's not the tiny crowded place it used to be, now has plenty of tables and space to move and a much nicer atmosphere than before. So now the atmosphere matches the food! They have great spring rolls too! Highly recommend to anyone who loves Vietnamese food.