“A Pho factory built for moving lots of food fast”
Review of Pho Vietnam

Pho Vietnam
Ranked #114 of 549 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This place is not bad...

It's a bit run down, dated and in need of a good scrub down. Which I actually don't mind if the food is great.

There were a few things that turned me off... my noodle bowl was good flavor and my pork & prawns were cooked well however they were served over noodles that were ice cold. I understand that the noodles aren't suppose to be hot. I've had noodle bowls at other places and they've never been icy cold noodles. The contrast with the hot meat made me a little concerned with the freshness of the food. Not something I like to think about when I'm eating at a restaurant.

Another thing that made me question the freshness of the food was the plate of mung beans they brought out for my mom's soup. The plate had clearly been assembled in the morning or the day before. The jalapenos were starting to dry out, the mint was wilted and again everything (including the plate) was ice cold...clearly from the same cooler as the rice noodles in my dish.

I understand the need prep and assemble some foods before the big lunch rush but I shouldn't be questioning freshness as a result.

Overall the flavors were good and I will be back to give it another try.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I have visited this place many times over the years. I always enjoy the Pho. It is soooo good, I just have to return. The noodle dishes are my favorites. The rice noodles pared with the fresh flavors of Vietnam, seem to hit the spot on my palate. On a recent 2 week visit to Viernam I had Pho every day for breakfast, so having Pho Vietnam close is special and important to me.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Great Soup

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Wonderful food, especially the Pho! They recently remodeled the whole restaurant so it's not the tiny crowded place it used to be, now has plenty of tables and space to move and a much nicer atmosphere than before. So now the atmosphere matches the food! They have great spring rolls too! Highly recommend to anyone who loves Vietnamese food.

Reviewed September 26, 2008

A good deal especiall if you are familliar with this food

1  Thank jfteng