“Sushi quality good, but skimpy portions” 3 of 5 bubbles

Jo Jo Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Ranked #120 of 523 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Santa Rosa, California, United States
“Sushi quality good, but skimpy portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Centrally located on 4th Street in Santa Rosa, this is a nice little restaurant that I popped into one lunch when I had a yen for sushi. It's not a bad choice, but there are several Sushi restaurants in town to choose from and given the are not inexpensive, I was disappointed at the small portions they provided in my hamachi order. It was a wonderful grade of fish though, and very good.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Santa Rosa
“This is our favorite Sushi Restaurant in Santa Rosa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Dropped in JoJo's for dinner last week. It never disappoints. This is by far our favorite place for Sushi in Santa Rosa. We LOVE sushi, so we've pretty much tried them all. We keep coming back to JoJo's. Their sushi menu is varied. They have specials every week, some quite interesting and different. We have never been disappointed. The prices are more geared towards dinner pricing. If you're looking for cheap sushi (and not as good), there are other more generic places in town. But if you want to have a really special meal each and every time, JoJo's is the place. You really can't go wrong here.

Visited July 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“Undon noodle bowl and tempura!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Miz Liz and I were out and wanted lunch after our hair appts. So today, Japanese was the choice. Miz Liz-my mom and I used to eat here years ago. It was excellent then and is now! We had udon noodle bowls and tempura. The tempura was lightly battered and very light and freshly delicious. Great choice, and service was with a smile. There is a sushi bar for those enjoying their sushi, alone of with friends. After our meal we were served a sliced strawberry, ripe and drizzled with honey, simple, yet just right!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
North Hills
“Pretty good but too expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stopped in after the lunch crowd. I sat at the Sushi Bar and ordered several things, including an Asahi Black (dark beer). The three orders of sushi were fresh with just right amount of wasabi and rice. I asked the Sushi Chef to fix me his favorite cut roll, which he did. It was quite tasty and quite expensive.

One beer, 3 orders of sushi and one chef's special cut roll. With a modest tip: $50. Kind of on the high side for the average person. However, if you have lots of cash, stop by. Your stomach will be happy and your wallet will be lighter.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sonoma, California
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Lion King Roll was spicy and awesome!! Small restaurant in downtown, lovely staff. Great people. My new favorite sushi place!!

Visited November 2012