“My Favorite Mexican Food in Santa Rosa”

El Patio Mexican Food
Ranked #127 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have been eating at El Patio for over 20 years. They have excellent fresh food and lots of vegetarian options too.

The owner and main staff know me and always say high.

If you are vegatarian, I recommend the McDougal plates or the the Vegatarian mixed vegetable plate. Get some extra tortillas and it's enough for 2.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The restaurant itself is very casual, hole-in-the-wall type strip mall atmosphere. El Patio's food is consistently very good, and I've been going there for over 15 years now. I order the McDougall deluxe burrito, my husband orders the #9 (carne asada dinner) and my daughter orders a chicken burrito. Maybe "thrills" is a little strong, but in a way it is kind of thrilling to have consistently good food and consistently courteous and quick service.

1  Thank Wanderer1448
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This is my go to taqueria. When I don't feel like cooking I run down to El Patio for a BRC burrito or enchiladas. I love this place. They also have a McDougal menu which is vegetarian, high fiber and low fat so if you are on a diet, it is a good place to go.

1  Thank Catori76
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Nice takeout genuine Mexican food. Went again the next morning for more. Good location for Junior College neighborhood.

Reviewed June 23, 2011

One word. Nachos. Except Trip Advisor makes you write 50. So El Patio, all locations, are great. It is family owned and operated and the food is very fresh. It is great Mexican food and they have options for people with different food needs (vegetarian, diet, healthy, substitutions). I was out of California for five weeks and the first place I went when I got back was El Patio. PS there red salsa is amazing.