“Neighborhood gem”

Monti's Rotisserie and Bar
Ranked #27 of 533 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Farmers Ln.
California
“Neighborhood gem”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Monti's is a warm and welcoming neighborhood bistro located in a charming shopping center in Santa Rosa. There is a cozy indoor fireplace, a bar, and comfortable patio seating. The menu is diverse, and you can nibble, sip, or dine on California cuisine. I love going there for drinks after work, for lunch with women friends, or to stop by for dinner with my husband. It's my 'go-to' place and I love that it's in my neighborhood.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Judy E

Longboat Key, Florida
“A Casual and Delicious Restaurant”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We loved this sister restaurant of Stark's Steakhouse. The restaurant is casual, but the food is wonderful, especially the rotisserie cooked pork chop and duck. They have a varied menu with good starters and salads. The restaurant takes advantage of the great produce of Northern California, as well as their chef's training. They are located in a shopping center, and have outdoor seating. There is no problem getting a parking space. We shall return.

• Visited September 2012
San Francisco, California
“Wonderful Surprise and great flavors! Will be a repeat”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

First of all I will say that I didn't read these Trip Advisor reviews before I went and was actually glad about this since I had a great experience there and thought the flavors were wonderful. Went on a Saturday night to try this place out before we take a couple of friends as we wanted to make sure the place was good. We had a small table for two near the door which was fine as the place is so cute it is like a little French Farmouse with the rotisserie going next to the kitchen. We started with two appetizers, the Humus which arrived on a pizza type baked bread with a citrus oil that was a nice compliment to the humus, and the grilled shrimp which were absolutely fantastic! They were served in a skillet with peppers and onions and sitting on French bread which had soaked up the chili sauce. They were a tad bit hot (spicy) but that didn't stop me from eating them. Rally good flavors.

I ordered the Ceaser Salad (as i was getting full from the appetizers) which was just OK but nothing special. My husband ordered the Sole which was served with Tosted almonds, green beans,fingerling potatoes and capers. I ate most of his dish as it was so good. We both will be having that next time we go!

We decided we should try dessert so we split the warm chocolate cake with ice cream which was good (but we have had better). I wanted to finish my meal off with a cuppacino but their frothing device was not working so I had to settle for a french pressed coffee which was very good. It was served in my own little pot and pressed at the table.

Yes, they are a little pricey but not as much as John Ash and some of the other places we were looking at but if you want a nice place to go and take someone special, you should try this place. We will again soon!

• Visited August 2012
Crestview, Florida
“bad experience!!!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Let me first say the service and atmosphere was great. The food was not good and a very poor value. The caeser salad was presented on a too small plate and not cut in manageable pieces. I sent it back to the kitchen to have it cut up and put on a larger plate. The dressibg was bland. The baked macaroni and cheese was a very small portion and not very exciting. The complementary bread
was delicious. The wine was excellent but overpriced. The bill was 28.75 for me alone!!!!An experience not to be repeated.

1 Thank Barbaralee333 S
Santa Rosa, California
“So close...”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I couldn't begin to count how many times I've been to Monti's over the past several years. In the east area of Santa Rosa, higher end choices are a bit limited. Roberto's, Osake and Sea Thai are great options. And you can always count on Monti's to provide a high end, more "California" dining experience. It works equally well for a nice dinner out, or a quick drink and appetizer. The wait staff is always friendly and accommodating. Outdoor seating is a nice touch, especially when there's a band playing in the plaza. The food is fresh, local, and always pushes the envelope just enough to keep you tempted. I've always felt the food prices are very reasonable, especially given the quality. If I had to criticize anything, it would be the wine prices. The list is always interesting, unusual and tasty. But the wine cost is always a factor whenever I decide to go. Other restaurants also offer unusual gems, that are easily as interesting, at less than half the price. You should definitely give it a try and see what you think.

• Visited August 2012