“What a great find”
Review of North Bay Inn

North Bay Inn
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Everything was great, clean spacious room, great WiFi, good night lighting, spacious parking,
and a very friendly, knowledgeable staff.
The North Bay Inn has a bunch of restaurants and shopping places within a block away.
Only thing I could gripe about was the free coffee could have been a bit stronger but I live
in Hawaii and I am used to very strong coffee. The continental breakfast offering was generous.

Aloha Leon

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Leon E

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We were "Price Line" ing hotels in Santa Rosa and the first one we went to was very unappealing, over-priced and felt unclean and unprofessional (something like "Vanguard or Vandeport--near Cleveland St) so we took a chance on North Bay Inn and we are so glad we did! The room is spacious, wifi was no extra charge (unlike some of the way more expensive chain hotels!). It is no frills lodging which is perfect for us. All we need is clean and comfortable and this was perfect! There is a microwave and a fridge in the room so we were able to store our cheese and smoked salmon. We enjoyed a free cup of coffee in the morning. Perfect!! Also, you get to park at your door! Loved that!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

There are many expensive places to spend your money in the Santa Rosa area. If your need is a place to sleep check this one out. The location is excellent coming into town. I think it is the first one off the freeway (but not close enough to be a noise problem). Small, clean. Most rooms set back off the road. I left before breakfast each day so no comments.

I had booked for 3 nights and decided later to stay for two. The owner unquestionably accommodated my change in plans. A good natured man, friendly and talkative. I will stay here again should the need arise.

Room Tip: For maximum quiet try to stay at the rear of the U shape.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SaguaroJoe
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We (my wife, newborn and myself) had a terrible motel experience last night with original plans to stay at one place for two nights. We couldn't bare another moment in that place. Then we found the North Bay Inn.

For our budget, it was perfect. It's a small, 20 room inn but the rooms (we had a double bed room) are spacious, clean and have a microwave, full sized fridge and decent channel selection on their DISH network TV. The place is super quiet besides the occasional loud vehicle passing on the nearby street. I haven't heard another tenant whatsoever. We also got wifi included in the price which was essential for me as I'm a writer. The wifi is protected and has a password that they give you at check in. Their internet is plenty fast and doesn't cut in and out like I experience at most hotels. Overall, North Bay Inn is definitely a wise choice for the price and there's plenty of eateries and stations within walking distance.

This will be my go-to stay for this area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lickarus
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is small but very clean and nice. The propreitor is very nice and friendly. Convenient location, easy freeway access, close to Junior College where there is track and field facility. I'm very impressed with the hotel for the value, and definitely would stay at this hotel again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul T
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This newly remodeled motel is close to many restaurants and very convenient to activities at Santa Rosa Junior College. We were in Santa Rosa for Summer Repertory Theatre and were able to walk easily to the venues for the plays on campus. The rooms were clean, the carpets new, the bed great, and breakfast offerings included coffee, tea, granola bars, fruit, and packaged pastries. Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. Wifi is free and fast. The management is friendly and helpful. We live north of Santa Rosa and travel there often for shopping, medical appointments, and entertainment. We'll be staying at the North Bay Inn again in the future!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank larry194
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My requirements for a motel room are clean, quiet, safe and reasonably priced. This motel perfectly met all my needs. I look forward to staying there on subsequent visits to Santa Rosa.
True the breakfast is nothing to write home about, but the other reviews seem way off base. The only negative comment I can make is there was no microwave or refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo