“Great Experience :o)” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Calistoga Wine Country Sip 'n' Cycle Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Getaway Adventures / Wine Country Bike Tours is considered the Wine Country’s Premier Adventure Tour Operator. We’ve been offering Guided Bike, kayak and hiking tours throughout the Napa, Sonoma and Marin /San Francisco region for 20 years, the longest continuously owned bike tour company in Napa.Easy Rides like our Sip N Cycle series, stronger rides like our Velo n Vino series, we have tours for all abilities. Fully guided, with our professional guides, (see our reviews) we always include a wine country picnic lunch that some say is worth it alone! Learn all about wine, pedal to small family owned wineries all while traveling one mile at a time on the back roads of California Wine Country!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Great Experience :o)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

From the time we walked in to pick up our bikes at the Napa location of Getaway Adventures we were treated with warmth and kindness. William helped set up our bikes, and when he saw that I was one of those women who wants to bring sunscreen, a jacket, snacks, etc., he put a basket on the front of my bike and a perfect pack on the back so that I could easily and comfortably carry everything I wanted to have with us. Great guy William. I had been drinking Rockstar (an energy drink) since 5:00 am and was so excited that I was practically foaming at the mouth (I really enjoy a day of nature) but it didn't seem to throw William off a bit. He was calm, collected and had us on the road in no time. He informed my husband of a perfect route and trail for us, and we just loved everything about the day! The river was especially cool and beautiful. If you are going biking in Napa these guys are fantastic!

Visited November 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Our Guide JP made our trip awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

JP is the best bike guide ever! We were on our honeymoon in Napa and JP took us on an amazing full day bicycle tour of the valley. He was funny, relaxing, knows a ton about the area including the people, and even when I got a flat tire, it was a non-event. JP gave me his bike, and raced ahead to the van to make the repair while I kept riding with my wife. This was the highlight adventure for our honeymoon and for any guided tour, the guide can make or break the trip. JP made ours one we will never forget!

Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Beginners first bike trip - thanks Tommy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I went on our first ever bike trip, the week of September 30th. We had a great time and Tommy was a fantastic guide as we travelled from Santa Rosa to Bodega Bay and then on to Healdsburg. As beginners we were fortunate to have Tommy leading the way. We lucked out with the weather and had a great 3 1/2 days. Thanks Tommy for introducing us to a great way to travel.

Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Sip and Cycle Tour - Calistoga, CA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We did this same tour in 2002 and had a great time. 2012 was a repeat. Tommy was our guide and was a lot of fun. Great way to get a feeling for the safety of the bike routes, all the wineries in, or very close, to Calistoga. The tour has gotten rather expensive, but what hasn't.

Chicago
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
““Calistoga Sip and Cycle””
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

What a GREAT time. Tom was our tour guide and wine EXPERT. His knowledge made the tastings that much better. For first timers to wine country, I would highly recommend you do this tour with Tom before you head out to visit wineries on your own. He taught us so much....all while having a great bike ride through the countryside. The picnic lunch served on the tour was really nice. There was only one other couple with us on the tour and we all had a GREAT time!!