“Getaway Adventures is amazing!”

Getaway Adventures/Sonoma On A Bike
Book In Advance
More Info
$149.00*
and up
Carneros Wine Country Sip 'n' Cycle Bike Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Getaway Adventures / Wine Country Bike Tours is considered the Wine Country’s Premier Adventure Tour Operator. We’ve been offering Guided Bike, kayak and hiking tours throughout the Napa, Sonoma and Marin /San Francisco region for 20 years, the longest continuously owned bike tour company in Napa.Easy Rides like our Sip N Cycle series, stronger rides like our Velo n Vino series, we have tours for all abilities. Fully guided, with our professional guides, (see our reviews) we always include a wine country picnic lunch that some say is worth it alone! Learn all about wine, pedal to small family owned wineries all while traveling one mile at a time on the back roads of California Wine Country!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Berkeley, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Getaway Adventures is amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2008

I can not speak emphatically enough about what a wonderful time we had! Our guide, Tom, was so knowledgeable, fun, and generous--just lovely! He knows the area so well and was able to show us things we never could have found on our own. He also knows the wineries so well that he was able to tailor our tour to wines we knew we liked and ones we wanted to know more about. In terms of service, certainly at lunch, but overall, I can not tell you how far they went above and beyond. From bottled water, to Clif bars, to a customized vegan lunch--it's truly the royal treatment. I was also really impressed with the quality of the equipment. I would recommend this trip to anyone. I can't wait to try the Sonoma tour! Ask for Tom!

1 Thank trptkr

Berkeley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Surprisingly Great Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2007

I'm 62 and was a bit apprehensive about a bike tour of Napa wineries. I am a city biker and pedal around on my 30-yr-old Schwinn. But I'm always up for a challenge.

I envisioned bicycling on Hwy 29 with all the weekend traffic. But no, we rode on bike paths, quiet residential streets, and backroads. The course was not difficult (of course, I was usually bringing up the rear), The weather in Napa was amazingly temperate and the scenery exquisite. We visited four wineries and tasted some amazing wines. Vincent Arroyo was my favorite winery. The provided lunch was tasty and fulfilling. The guides were friendly and knowledgeable. Especially loved Mary Carmen.

2 Thank ElenaBerkeley