“Good but More of a Shop than a Bar”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wine Spectrum Bar & Shop
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We will go back but the place is not open very often and the small food plates are gone.

The staff is very knowledgeable and the wine is very good. They do an excellent job of selecting the wine to be tasted and sold.

But it has probably evolved into a place where people go to taste and purchase rather select wines. People who really do not care what they spend. This is not a place to look for a bargain but you will not be cheated nor sold a bad bottle of wine.

1  Thank Fergie2065

Reviewed May 4, 2009

when spectrum first came on the scene a coupla years ago it was far better. they offered great (tho a bit pricey) flights, adequate food and an intimate setting. they offered some unusual selections and it was a good place to drop forty bucks on a few sips of higherish end (young) wine!
it has morphed into a place where the store is the emphasis and the bar continues to offer glasses and flights and tastes. NO MO FOOD! thats ok BUT my experience with a recent zin flight left me real cold. 3 smallish tastes $15....
one of the wines, a banknote zin of older vintage was barely drinkable/over the top/ peaked. theres $5 the second was a V-twin an adequate offering for an average end zin. the mantra was very good. to his credit. robert opened a rockpile and gave me a taste and this compensated totally for the bank note.
i still like the place and ill probably go there again but it used to b betta

1  Thank alan k
Reviewed December 5, 2007

What a great experience! I was greeted warmly upon entering even though the bar was busy. I was seated quickly by a lovely smiling lady who introduced herself and then immediately brought me a menu and water. The selection was awesome! Wines I've never heard of and I've lived in Sonoma County all my life. Every recommendation was spot on and the portions of food were lavish. It was relaxing and enjoyable. I'm only sorry I didn't have my wine friends with me that time!

2  Thank RaeZoar101
Reviewed May 5, 2007

Wide selection of wines from local vendors and all over the world, unbelieveable food, beautifully decorated, comfortable and pleasing, service from a friendly and knowledgeable staff, I have found my new favorite stop in Santa Rosa. Do all the winery tasting rooms and then come to this oasis in wine country. It you couldn't find what you were looking for there, you will most certainly find it at the Wine Spectrum!

2  Thank hawkoflegend