“An Amazing Experience!”

Up & Away Ballooning
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fly with us over Sonoma County! Enjoy the serene views from our gondola's followed by post-flight brunch & mimosa's to toast the start to your day.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hands-down, one of the most memorable experiences of my life. To start, the service alone was worth every penny. I had planned this trip for my mom's 60th birthday as a surprise. The day it was scheduled the weather was going to be too poor to fly so the owner of the company himself called me in advance to arrange for a different flight day. Mike was so gracious and accommodating...he truly made the whole thing stress free. Our pilot and crew were all very personable and made you feel like you've known each other forever; we even got to help set-up and take-down the balloon. Now for the good stuff...the balloon ride! So my mom is fearful of heights and HATES to fly! These men (and little boys, Paul and Steven) made this experience not only comfortable for her but exciting. She never even hesitated to get in the basket and up we went...no screams...no tears...only her peering over the side like a kid looking into a fish pond for the first time, amazing! Never once did I feel scared or really that we were even 800 feet off the ground. Being up there felt like a soft breeze gliding you across the valley floor of vineyards.
After the flight, touch-down was a cake and off to brunch we went. The food was great and handmade by Mike's wife but the company and the setting were the best part. A couple that had gone up with the group had gotten engaged while in flight and we all were blessed enough to share in their moment of joy. Mike gave the group a big champagne toast to us all and to the lucky couple along with a few happy birthdays and our adventure was sadly over. What an amazing experience! A big thank you to Mike, our pilot and all of the genuine crew mates that made this an unforgettable day and for giving my mom and I a day that we both will always cherish.
If you do anything in life...do this and choose this company. Nothing could have been done any better!!!!!
xoxo Amy D. from Eureka, CA

2  Thank Amy D
balloonguy01, Owner at Up & Away Ballooning, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you Amy for your very kind review.
So happy you had and your mom had a grand time.
Also, thanks for talking about the height thing. We have
lots of people concerned about that, and you hopefully
helped them out.

in 93 reviews
"ride"
in 175 reviews

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My sister bought me tickets to this company and so glad she did. Perfect gift for a couple or anyone that wants to float with the birds. Amazing experience flying in silence with the occasional flame thrower burst sound.
I proposed to my fiancee and the staff went above and beyond to make it extra special. They made a banner for me and laid it out for my fiancee to read. Mega points for that. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants to have a special time with someone close. I would give it 6 stars if I could!

balloonguy01, Owner at Up & Away Ballooning, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thanks Nate, a pleasure having you out.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I chose Up & away as a gift for dental tests I had passed and have always wanted to soar high above Sonoma County just for the overall experience.
I was pleasantly greeted and welcomed as soon as I walked up to the truck. *ALL* of the staff were friendly and happy to share information as we were preparing for lift off. The crew were knowledgable, hard working and executed a perfect flight. I felt secure under the command of Pilot Daniel; who included his mini Co-Captain son, Paul.
What a great day for ballooning it was clear skies and ultimate consideration was delivered from the Pilot as he rotated the basket for the passengers to all take a turn facing front and center from the rear. As we passed the Vineyards Daniel was giving us information about what we were seeing and some of the wild life. As winds picked up we elevated to somewhere just above 1000 feet which felt amazingly surreal. Got some great pictures had some genuine laughs and got to understand a little about a day in the life of a Hot Air Balloon crew. I would say this is definitely an activity anyone could appreciate, gives local residents a new aspect of Santa Rosa. All of the residential tenants we passed were so friendly and waved enthusiastically from the below. I honestly say if you are considering taking a Hot AIR balloon ride go with the pro's, Go Up& Away.
Very Sincerely,
Athena Crystal

balloonguy01, Owner at Up & Away Ballooning, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Thanks Athena for the lovely review. Good
luck getting your wings.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our party of six flew with Capt. Daniel to soaring heights with breathtaking views. The balloon flight was a first for all six of us. We had a clear brilliant day to enjoy the panorama from as far away as Mt. Shasta, a 100 mile view. The flight was a quiet, elegant ascension to about 3500 feet where we saw all of Sonoma Valley. After a pitch perfect landing, we were shuttled to the Kendall Jackson winery for a delicious brunch and casual get together with the owner, Mike Kijak and his wife, Patty. They were lovely hosts who treated us to mimosas, quiche, and chocolate strawberries. Anyone visiting either Sonoma or Napa should take a trip with Up, Up, and Away. Simply outstanding.

1  Thank PJPCharlotte
balloonguy01, Owner at Up & Away Ballooning, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thanks L. for choosing us for your flight, it was a pleasure
having you all out. Appreciate the feedback.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Up and Away was a great experience and a beautiful way to see Sonoma County. Mike and his company meet you at the Charles Schutz Airport and take you to the launch site in a van. The process of setting up the balloon is fascinating. The balloon we rode is wheelchair accessible. My friend and I joined another group of three so the ride was made enjoyable by not having too many people to share the balloon with. The scenery was incredible. David, the pilot, was able and professional. Our trip lasted an hour and a half once we were airborne. The ride was smooth and peaceful.
It is important to e flexible with the dates you want to travel because of the weather. Mike kept in contact with me daily to monitor for weather. Safety is their biggest concern. They have no control over the weather, but they do control when they go up.
We did not have the brunch with Up and Away, so I can't comment on that, but Mike recommended KC's downtown cafe in Windsor and it was great.
All in all this was a fabulous experience and we met some really nice folks in the process.

1  Thank jeannette78028
balloonguy01, Owner at Up & Away Ballooning, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thanks so much for choosing us for your flight
and for the kind review.