“Beer Tasting”

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Beer Tasting”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

17 tastings. They run the whole gamut from "the new sour" beers to the really full bodied porters. Only problem was they were out of Pliny the Elder in a bottle to go!

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Katlak

Santa Rosa, California
“PHENOMENAL”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I live in the area. but I have lived in MANY other areas as well... This brewery produces the most incredible selection of so many styles of beer. BUT the one I always turn to is PLINY THE ELDER. Quite possibly the best DIPA on the market. Enjoy!

Visited June 2014
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Best IPA I've had in my life”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Took advantage of the beer flights at Russian River. Pliny the Elder IPA did not disappoint, even with all the hype associated with it. Did the "left side" flight which was more of the hoppy beers. The right side is more fruit, saison, sours, etc. Also tried the consecration sour, which was incredible, and I've never had a sour I liked. The place is very popular, so expect a wait. My wife and I were there on a weeknight and we still had to wait 20 minutes to get seated for just two people. We did not try any food, just the flights. If you can make it there in February, they release their well renowned triple IPA, Pliny the Younger for one week. I've heard the wait times can be several hours to get in during that time.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Operzinger
Los Angeles, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Unbelievable Beer Flight”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

This beer is an experience. Try their amazing flight of all their beers they have on tap - this will give you an idea of their craft. When I visited, I believe the flight had 12-15 different beers, ranging from pale lagers to dark ales with sour beers surprising you in the middle. The flight will arrive and you perhaps will think to yourself, "They have got to be kidding themselves. No one is this good at beer of this many styles." WRONG! I don't usually appreciate a brown ale, but I learned at Russian River.

This is also a sit down, family restaurant, and of you go on a weekend night you will find that all the locals like this place too. So, come early and don't be surprised for a bit of a wait to be seated. It will be worth it!

Visited June 2013