“Belisimo”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Excellent food. Authentic Italian so it just doesn't get any better than that. Our waiter was very helpful when we ordered and very attentive throughout the meal. Great experience!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We found this restaurant in downtown Santa Rosa, and chose it for its interesting, traditional Italian menu and old-fashioned atmosphere, which I mean as a compliment. I've read some negative reviews for this restaurant, but our experience was very positive. Our service was quite good, on a weeknight, when the restaurant was not packed. Our food arrived hot, and we did not feel rushed. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone who is interested in somewhat traditional Italian specialties, well-seasoned, and good-sized portions. A good value, pleasant atmosphere and good service - all attributes I appreciate and want to share with my fello TripAdvisor readers.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Besides the warm trattoria atmosphere, the food will tempt you to return the next night too! I am VERY fussy about Italian food, as my grandmother spoiled me with her cooking. Their Lasagne Bolognese was excellent, as was the salad of heirloom tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Best I've tasted in the States.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We went here with a group of 8 adults, 2 of us are 1st generation Italian. The two true-blue Italians decided to order family style and we are so glad that we did! The calamari fritti was crispy and tender, a little salty for some of us. It was great watching the "Americans" at our table enjoy the burrata for the first time. It was very creamy with appropriately crunchy crostini. The steamed clams had a dollop of sausage. They were very good in the broth, but nothing amazing. The arugula salad was fine with little treasures of beets and goat cheese. I don't think we noticed the fennel. All three pasta dishes were fabulous: The eggplant parmigiana was wonderful. The eggplant was breaded and rolled. The spaghetti carbonara was absolutely delicious. The chunks of pancetta were the right size so that we could really enjoy the saltiness. There was a generous amount of pancetta, too, which made the dish truly decadent. The pappardelle con cinghiale stole the show. The pasta tasted so fresh and was cooked to perfection. The rich boar sausage and mushrooms melted in our mouths. The meat lasagna was loaded with meat and cheese. Our "lasagna conossieur" felt that LoCoco's lasagna rivaled some he had tried in Italy this summer. That is a huge compliment! The Costoletta di Vitello Valdostano was an enormous veal chop. The fontina was melted over the prosciutto so it was almost like a little surprise when I took bite and tasted the prosciutto. I usually don't eat veal so I was happy to have a sampling as we shared it with the table. We had sides of meatballs, which were ok, and we ordered the rapini. I usually love rapini, but I thought this was too bitter. The other true blue Italian at our table thought it was perfect and enjoyed it with the crusty bread served throughout our meal. Our group decided that it was a tie between the pasta carbonara and pappardelle as to what was the favorite dish ordered. Tough choices!

The food was truly fabulous. After a long day of visiting wineries, we were skeptical if we were still up for a big dinner. We are so, so, so glad that we went to LoCoco. The dinner was delicious!! Service was great. Wine list was fine. Prices were very appropriate for the caliber of food. Despite all of the great food in the Wine Country, it would be hard to return without going back to LoCoco!!!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were looking at the menu whilst out a walk in morning and advised by someone walking past that food was excellent, but we would need to book. I knocked on door (as not open yet) and staff were delighted to take booking.
Food was great and we did have to book - it was full on a Wednesday night.

1  Thank AlMacScotland